Meth Injection

:withstupid: Be careful on the fuel octane if you still have catalytic converters installed, really rich exhaust having unburned high octane fuel will melt down your cats. :sick: Occasional use is fine, but you do not want to go higher than 95-octane if you still run catalytic converters.

Mr. P. :)

Im in the middle of installing my meth injection kit. It cools down the intake charge and ups the octane level of the fuel. The reason im doing it is because im going to a smaller pulley that will give me 12psi so I need it to help keep intake temps down. Im not sure is n/a would benefit from it much. If you want alittle more hp I would just do a small or big hit (your choice) of nitrous.

With naturally aspirated engines using less than 10:1 compression, water/methanol is used often in warm climates to get the intake temps lower. Benefits include: 10-15 HP increases from air density increases and full timing as well as more effective air/fuel ratios, increased gas mileage, and carbon free combustion chambers.

Be careful with increasing timing to an extent with Methanol Injection. You timing increase solely relies on that Methanol. If you don't get a kit with automatic timing retard you may very well blow your motor if you run out of meth, it shorts, failure etc.

Cost me $13,000 cause I cheaped out on a meth kit that shorted on me with no timing retard, blew my motor, supercharger, etc.

I would go with Snow Performance if you decide to turn to methanol.

Edited by Punisher (see edit history)