Cash For Clunkers Bs

NashSS

I just wanna get your guys opinions on this cash for clunkers BS. I've been watching videos on youtube of dealerships destroying engines by a mixture of glass/sand and water into engines until they seize up. I can't believe this crap it pisses me off just watching it. I don't think would have the heart to do that to a decent car whether its a ford, dodge, or honda I've seen a few videos of good cars that the only reason they were clunkers is just because of the gas mileage. I would go to prison for life if anyone tried that on my truck. The only way my engine is gonna get destroyed is by my foot and some FI. watching these videos makes me wanna go change my oil even though its only 500 miles old and yes I have stopped watching them but they are still stuck in my head.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been hearing a lot of hearsay and rumors from several persons in the industry about all the cars being crushed and chipped-up in the CARS program, and what I hear is very disturbing. There is a lot of fine American Iron being destroyed.

And I hate to sound cynical here, BUT REALLY did anyone expect a bunch of CAR SALESMEN nationwide to stay honest and not abuse a completely unregulated/unpoliced government handout program? Puhleeeeze.... :uhoh:

Mr. P.

It is because of stuff like this that I am considering what it will take to have HPM join and support SEMA. Matter of fact I am going to call someone about that this week. There should have been provisions to allow parting-out the cars, because recycling is a good/responsible thing IMO; but more importantly provisions should have been made to allow re-purchase of vehicles that have significant historical or collectible significance. IMO this is legislation that has gone completely amuck and will seriously affect the future aftermarket as well as the auto enthusiast community.

Hmmm a SEMA membership would be $350 a year... decisions, decisions... :boat:

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

ok I lied i didnt stop watching

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I am sorry, but I couldn't watch beyond that Suburban. :tear: I am looking for a DD and would have GLADLY driven that seing how it was in nice shape........I am so glad this program is over and done with, what a f*ckin waste of American iron. :sigh:

The finally tally from this program showed that the majority of the cars turned in were American made cars, resulting in Toyota, Nissan, and Honda having the majority of new car sales. This was supposed to help spark our economy, not Japan's.... :freak::nonod:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

The government should put them up for sale at the 4,500 price and allow people to buy them. It'd be a chance for low income people to buy nice vehicles.

Once the VIN is entered in the rebate, it wouldn't be eligable to be turned in again... why destroy a good vehicle?

The government should put them up for sale at the 4,500 price and allow people to buy them. It'd be a chance for low income people to buy nice vehicles.

Once the VIN is entered in the rebate, it wouldn't be eligable to be turned in again... why destroy a good vehicle?

:withstupid: