Video Of Zr1 Getting Nudged Out By Van

1320jon

You guys will probably crusify me too.....I dont care anymore. Everyone thinks the vette should be faster....well its not.

This was the second trip to the track with the van, and 12's are deffinately in sight.

Its a stock 5.3 with a turbo and etc etc...The da was 5000 ft at 11 pm. Heat warning day, and close to a new record. The vette made its best pass of three at this point, and was only beaten et wise by one other z06. All the other vettes were slower then the those two. A c6 zo6 went a 12.75...the rest were 13's and 14's.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is freaking awesome.... BIG props to you for making a Brick the size of yours run those times. I bet your the guy all the kids want to carpool with when going to soccer practice, I can just see it play out in the field.

Kid one... My dad has the new fast corvette

Kid two... Jon has a van that is faster than the corvette and we all fit in it, I want to ride with him

that is bs put some slicks on the vette and say bye bye van......look at the vettes trap speed its way faster than 13s

plus the van is awd.the vettes driver was sleeping at the light

this is just funny, excuses for a zr1 against a van? Really.....The zr1 needs slicks to run a van ? On 20 inch radials....lolololol but but but the van is awd.........and the driver was sleeping.......

He new he was racing, and actually only gave up about 6ft.....we both ran 20 inch tires but his were alot wider. If you knew much about zr1's you d know that just putting on slicks isnt that easy. The brakes are to big, and theres not much of tire selection......so thats close to out except for the hardcore drag racer which all zr1 owners are ofcourse.

plus the van is awd....not my fault.....how but since you can make this argument, lets ad 3600 lbs to vette to even things up ok......and duct tape a 4x8 sheet of ply wood to the front.

Any ss guys on here get.....but your ss truck is awd.....waaaa, waaaa?

Its awd on purpose, its turboed the way it is on purpose....shifted at 6000, (can we make the zr1 shift at 6000 too please)

Only one z06 was faster thenthe zr1 at 12.75 teh rest slower. A awd turbo porche ran a 13.3.....all but two of the f bodies were slower, and one was a lsx 454, and all the g8s were slower, including a maggie g8 and one with heads, cam, headers, tune, intake and tire....

The cummins was faster....I ran him and he went a 12.79.. glad I have a 12 valve too.

this is just funny, excuses for a zr1 against a van? Really.....The zr1 needs slicks to run a van ? On 20 inch radials....lolololol but but but the van is awd.........and the driver was sleeping.......

He new he was racing, and actually only gave up about 6ft.....we both ran 20 inch tires but his were alot wider. If you knew much about zr1's you d know that just putting on slicks isnt that easy. The brakes are to big, and theres not much of tire selection......so thats close to out except for the hardcore drag racer which all zr1 owners are ofcourse.

plus the van is awd....not my fault.....how but since you can make this argument, lets ad 3600 lbs to vette to even things up ok......and duct tape a 4x8 sheet of ply wood to the front.

Any ss guys on here get.....but your ss truck is awd.....waaaa, waaaa?

Its awd on purpose, its turboed the way it is on purpose....shifted at 6000, (can we make the zr1 shift at 6000 too please)

Only one z06 was faster thenthe zr1 at 12.75 teh rest slower. A awd turbo porche ran a 13.3.....all but two of the f bodies were slower, and one was a lsx 454, and all the g8s were slower, including a maggie g8 and one with heads, cam, headers, tune, intake and tire....

The cummins was faster....I ran him and he went a 12.79.. glad I have a 12 valve too.

hey im not bashing your run mad props to you im just saying that the vette is alot faster than a 13.0 look at his trap speed.......nice your in vegas tell you what let me know when your going back to the track and i will show you what some drag radials could do on a rwd :jester: Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

I know what drag radials can do on a rwd....probably why, I have them on lets.....see...5 or 6 of my own cars. Ill be back on the 11th though, even with a rwd car with drag radials......and the van too probably. Be glad to run.

Yea, 13's is bad.....but considering everyone else?........not bad. The zr1 was around the 7th or 8th quickest car at the track.

And except for the gtr's probably the fastest stock car.

Two gtrs were in the 12.4's I think. I talked to one guy, and I think his was bone stock still. He was running the zr1 when I left.

I have around 16-17 cars, always in various stages....From a drag radial Camaro or two or three, to stock metropolitan nash.....just a jumble of parts with few cars mixed in.