1st Gear Gone

I went to town earlier to get some things and when I pulled into the parking lot at the store my truck wouldn't drop down into 1st gear since I had been at a complete stop. My check engine light came on at the same time. When I drove it home I put shifter in 1st and it still wouldn't go. :( Anyone else had this problem?

(It's an 03 with 105K on it. I flushed the tranny at 65K)

Sry to say brother but ur tranny gone. At 100k 4l60 and 4l65e transmissions go out. A crap load of guys on here including myself have gone through teannys. The transmission is one of if not THE weakest link in these trucks. Look at getting a custom built tranny. Don't waste ur time going to a tranny shop that charges upwards of 3-4000 to get one built.

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

Sry to say brother but ur tranny gone. At 100k 4l60 and 4l65e transmissions go out. A crap load of guys on here including myself have gone through teannys. The transmission is one of if not THE weakest link in these trucks. Look at getting a custom built tranny. Don't waste ur time going to a tranny shop that charges upwards of 3-4000 to get one built.

not entirely.... try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if it clears the code....

And BTW stop trying to manual shift the thing. Its an automatic for a reason.

Edited by sprayed99 (see edit history)

You need to check your codes. It may be a 1-2 shift solenoid stuck on or the valve is stuck. You might get lucky and get by for a while longer. It is on its way out with 105K!! :devil:

Edited by js_silveradoSS (see edit history)

You need to check your codes. It may be a 1-2 shift solenoid stuck on or the valve is stuck. You might get lucky and get by for a while longer. It is on its way out with 105K!! :devil:

I went and got them checked today and that's why it was. I'm gonna drop it off in the morning and let them replace those 2 that went out. He's gonna check to others ones. He said he'll replace the 2, replace the filter, gasket, fluid and labor for $125. I don't manually shift an automatic. I learned my lesson with that when I burnt that tranny out in my dodge. I poured some lucas in that bitch and traded it on for my SS!!

I went and got them checked today and that's why it was. I'm gonna drop it off in the morning and let them replace those 2 that went out. He's gonna check to others ones. He said he'll replace the 2, replace the filter, gasket, fluid and labor for $125. I don't manually shift an automatic. I learned my lesson with that when I burnt that tranny out in my dodge. I poured some lucas in that bitch and traded it on for my SS!!

Keep an eye out for more issues; the 1-2 shift solenoid poor performance code is also set when the infinitely small relief passages in the top-gear servo are plugged with burned off clutch pack material. :sick: If the code keeps repeating then the unit will have severely burned clutches, it has happened to me several times - until I found a competent 4L60 builder!

Mr. P. :)

Agreed some codes will inhibit 1st gear. Also I have seen where a broken 1-2 accumulator will effect this as well. Basically line pressure from on side of the accumulator will get into the 2nd gear accumulator circuit. When this happens the band will be applied. With that being said second gear starts can occur. Might be something to check. Vince B

I have this issue with my truck ever since i put my stall converter in it throws a PO757 code every once in awhile and it wont go back into first I park it for awhile and clear the code and it will drive fine without throwing the code for a couple of days seems to do it more when the tranny gets hot.