Thinking About Getting Back Into Mountain Biking

70chevy03ss

Ive been out of it for some time but I have an old Specalized. At the time it was pretty state of the art. Full front suspension, standard rear, Grip shifts, all Shimano derailers, ect. It was pretty expensive at the time, but well worth it. Very well built bike and very tough.

I need to get a new rear hub for it now. The bearings are shot. But then again its been ridden hard and it is around 20 years old.

:flag:

Ive been out of it for some time but I have an old Specalized. At the time it was pretty state of the art. Full front suspension, standard rear, Grip shifts, all Shimano derailers, ect. It was pretty expensive at the time, but well worth it. Very well built bike and very tough.

I need to get a new rear hub for it now. The bearings are shot. But then again its been ridden hard and it is around 20 years old.

:flag:

A decent new rear double wall wheel should only run you between 45-70 bucks.

i've been trying to put my mirra pro together since mirra was with haro. mirra pro frame, mirra handle bars, oryg, s&m pitch forks, profile 3 pc cranks, profile whip it chain wheel. just need a nice set of dirt wheels and tires.

i've been trying to put my mirra pro together since mirra was with haro. mirra pro frame, mirra handle bars, oryg, s&m pitch forks, profile 3 pc cranks, profile whip it chain wheel. just need a nice set of dirt wheels and tires.

tell me what you want to spend and I can A. build a set of really cool wheels, or B. find out what I can order. Need to know axle size, flip-flop or not, 36 or 48 spoke and single wall or double wall.

if you want to go "Olds Cool" I have one of these in the shop for 550 bucks.

http://www.harobikes.com/bmx/tab2_subNav5.php

caca

NIce quad I had a couple growing up. My last one was a brand new 04 suzuki 400z. Sold it.. My buddy has a "BUILT" 250r. That thing is sick....

I would look to spend around 1800 dollars to get into a full suspension bike. You can find them cheaper but like a few posters mentioned you have to look at the components as well as the name brand. I would look at Specialized or Jamis as the two prefered brands. I've been in the bike buisness for 16 years now and I feel that you get the best bike for your money with a Specialized, however you pay for it. Jamis gives you more bike for your money with a lower cost. My website is www.bikesportmd.com You can go on products and bikes and see what I sell.

Thanks for the info. I will look around

Awesome I have a Blammo and a Standard Sta.

I'm thinking about getting into mountain bikes too, but I don't want to spend a lot of money on one. I'm looking for a good all around bike. I thought about going to a local bike shop and trying to trade all my bmx bikes for a descent used mountain bike. notsure