Do Not Buy Monstermotorsports Transmissions!

So I am officially warning people against buying MonsterMotorsports transmissions now. I am talking mad shit on my YouTube videos I originally did for them too. My trans builder here pulled it apart and found that there was a chunk of drum material that cut into the piston that provides clamping pressure for the 3-4 clutch pack. Obviously this chunk of metal allowed fluid to leak past the piston and did not allow adequate clamping pressure, so over time it burned up the clutch pack. Upon further inspection, and I have pictures, we found that there were several places that the input drum had chunks of metal knocked out (probably from a tool). My builder is confident this must have occured during assembly of the transmission. Take it for what its worth, but I am thoroughly unimpressed with their tranmissions and recommend you buy from someone else.

:) Man I am sorry, FWIW I went through the same deal on my truck and it sucks. The worst thing (for me) is that there is no silver lining at all in the story - breaking sucks, taking it out sucks, dismantling it sucks, seeing that almost ever part in the case is ruined and needs replacing sucks, the cost sucks. Believe me I know. That is why it is critical to find a transmission builder that really knows what they are doing the first time, and there are very very few in the country who are qualified with the 4L60.

Mr. P.

I recently moved down here to Savannah so I just got in with a decent builder down here. It was at my old house up in Kentucky where I put in the Monster trans. Thanks Zippy, I totally forgot I had them on my sig. :cheers:

Edited by ANGRY6LITER (see edit history)

Here is a pic of the input drum. A link for the video is below. gallery_13709_434_146441.jpg

Here is the link to the YouTube video we did showing the damaged parts. Talkin shit about Monstermotorsports.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scgKdgrEC10

Edited by ANGRY6LITER (see edit history)

looks like someone got happy with a pick or screwdriver installing the snap rings

The funny thing is you dont even have to use a tool to install the snap rings..... looks more like it was from pulling it apart.... which means they didnt even clean the parts before they reassembled the unit.

• 4 weeks later...

I hereby retract ANY and ALL negative statements made towards MonsterMotorsports Transmission. They saw my YouTube videos and offered me a FULL refund on my transmission purchase in return for me removing the negative videos I posted. They apologized for my unfortunate events and made good with me. I say good on them for fixing their wrong. :cheers: