1st Race In The Sss!

levilz

I was on the way to PA with a friend to pick up some toys for his T/A when a new VW Jetta did a fly-by. We had been playing around that morning with the HP Tuners and he had just changed some performance settings and killed my limiter, so I figured I'd take the opportunity to see how much it helped. When I caught up to the VW he switched lanes and then took off on me just when I pulled even with his bumper.

I then stomped and pulled pretty hard on him. By the time my speedo topped 120 I had about a bus on him. We never had the HP Tuner hooked up when I was running, so I dont know exactly how fast it got up to. It seemed like it pulled alot more after pegging past the 120 mark though. Oh well. Thank goodness for 6 lane roads with no traffic. Good times.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reminds me of a race i had with an M3 one time, same thing as with you, the speedo hit a 120 and just stayed there, who knows how fast i was going ???, anyways thats over for me know. know i have to keep in my back head that if i get caught street racing again i will proboly lose the Ss not to mention my driving privalige.

anyways good times :chevy:

reminds me of a race i had with an M3 one time, same thing as with you, the speedo hit a 120 and just stayed there, who knows how fast i was going ???, anyways thats over for me know. know i have to keep in my back head that if i get caught street racing again i will proboly lose the Ss not to mention my driving privalige.

anyways good times :chevy:

Vidal r u tuned??? ur truck i mean, do u have a tune on it???

-Rob

What year M3 Vidal, any 2000 and newer M3 will handle our stock trucks. Unless the person did not know how to drive. Im not knocking ya, just very curious what north american M3 model this was. :chevy:

levilz-congrats on the win. Those jettas are getting faster and faster. Gotta love the big lunker taking the small ant :chevy::cool:

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

What year M3 Vidal, any 2000 and newer M3 will handle our stock trucks. Unless the person did not know how to drive. Im not knocking ya, just very curious what north american M3 model this was. :chevy:

:withstupid: thats y i asked if he's tuned or not cuz even then with a good tune it would be tough for us to be able to keep up with an M3...

-Rob

Exactly, im not trying to put Vidal down. Ive been in numerous M3s and sometimes its downright scary (even the old 1988 M3 evolution series). Vidal, i am glad to hear you took the M3, thats a great kill.

I must say I like my truck alot more than an M3 and have become a die-hard SSS fan. Maybe that achiles injury was for a reason... :chevy: Im thinking basic bolt-ons to keep up with 00-01 M3 (tune, intake, exhaust, LTs). I have not raced one in my truck though.

Levilz, I love how it seemed that Jetta thought he had you when you pulled even. I wish we had 6 lane highways here that would be tempting for me....I am sorry for going off topic on your thread.

Said he raced in the first sentence and same thing happened to him as levilz. So with that wording he should have pulled a bus length on that M3 @ 120mph.

I could be mistaken by the wording Vidal used :dunno: If so I stand corrected.

reminds me of a race i had with an M3 one time, same thing as with you, the speedo hit a 120 and just stayed there, who knows how fast i was going ???

edit-I guess with the way he said "same thing as you" I assumed he had the same results with pulling on the opposite car.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

street racing is bad mmmmmmkaaaaay.

good kill :jester:

It's ok....It was in Mexico

nice kill

gas or diesel jetta?

Thanks. It was a gas one.

Levilz, I love how it seemed that Jetta thought he had you when you pulled even. I wish we had 6 lane highways here that would be tempting for me....I am sorry for going off topic on your thread.

Yeah, you could tell by his face that what ended up happening was not what he intended to show off to his lady friend setting shotgun. She was all smiles about the whole ordeal. The highways are mostly all 4-lane, but a there are a few places around where it spans off into 3 on each side here. The traffic isn't usually bad at all unless there is a ball game, so at times, it's just you or you and one other person for quite a distance. It is certainly tempting at times.

Edited by levilz (see edit history)

Vidal never did say he beat an M3.... He just said his speedo was at 120+ is all... When he did race the M3

i never assumed that he said he beat the M3 i was asking becuz he said he pinned his speedo at 120, so i asked weather or not he was tuned or not cuz we both know our stock tunes wont go to 120...

-Rob

I dunno about his setup, but mine is not exactly tuned. With mine, we just ran diagnostics so I would have a stock base file for comparison once I start to modify things. Then we changed the shift modes to a performance setting and moved the speed limiter to 200+. We were basically just playing with the truck and HP Tuners to make the 250 mile trip go quicker.

Edited by levilz (see edit history)