To Those Who Have Their SS

CASEY

Actually, those are supposed to be brake cooling ducts, ala NASCAR. They actually contribute little or nothing to brake cooling on the SS, but that is what they are supposed to look like. If you wanted to put fog lights in there, I suppose you could. :confused:

From what I have seen by looking at one at the showroom, the square ducts and the lower grill between them, do nothing. The air going through them goes under the engine or to the sides. It looks cool but that is about all it seems to do.

Could you please measure the opening of the fog lights.

Yeah, maybe when it's not raining out! :( I have been put on hold for all the new pictures I wanted to take today also. :( Thanks to mother nature, at least my truck looks shiny new again! (acid rain sucks!)

Justin :chevy:

The ducts are just there for looks. I have a black SS sitting right in front of my desk here at work. No reason you couldn't put some sort of lights behind it.

:thumbs::withstupid:

There just for looks. The intake is through the fender like every other 2003 Silverado and the brakes arent going to be getting any cooler because of them.........

Besides if your brakes are hot enough to need external cooling ducts..........your doing something very wrong.....SS maybe, but its still a truck and they arent meant for frequent hard breaking

Ok....I just froze my ass off to do this for you! The inside dimensions at the back which should be the smallest part of the opening is about 7 inches wide by 3.5 inches tall. The opening at the front is about 1 inch larger in each direction, 8 inches wide by 4.5 inches tall. Again, these are inside dimensions. Now, don't go buying stuff until you verify this because it was dark out and well, you know, I was freezing my ass off when I did it! :flag:

Justin :chevy:

PS- I am refering to the gray area in the lower part of the bumper in front of the wheels.

Archived