Crash Test Chevrolet Silverado

houston05tx

Maybe the crumple zone should be better and the seat should not come off track, however in my accident as a passenger in a ford explorer the passenger compartment was alot more twisted and mangled than the silverado in that video. In my incident we hit a telephone poll at 43mph and I credit Ford with building one helluva strong frame and it saved my life no question. My moron friend managed to hit the poll on the passenger side headlights, so I got the brunt of the accident waking up with my head between the dashboard and cracked windshield.

The one thing that is really hard to compare in these accidents is my idiot friend hit a telephone poll and that Silverado hit a barrier. Im interested in seeing how the Explorer does just for a comparison.

Regardless, that Ford saved my life, and I believe these Chevy trucks are safe. Maybe not as strong as Ford though. Ill always stick with my bowtie. :chevy:

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

Comparing the two video's it looks like they fixed the problem of the cab crumpling. So I guess that answers my question, the NBS looks to be safer than the OBS. :thumbs:

Yeah but, those are two different test though. Look at the placement of the barriers and the different sizes they are.

Crazy shit just happened. I was watching the vids above and got a call from my wife saying her mom was just in a roll over accident in a trailblazer. TB held up great in the multiple rollover / flip! GM = :thumbs:

Crazy shit just happened. I was watching the vids above and got a call from my wife saying her mom was just in a roll over accident in a trailblazer. TB held up great in the multiple rollover / flip! GM = :thumbs:

Glad to hear she's o.k. :thumbs:

My wife's co-worker got broadsided and rolled 5 times in her TB and walked away from it. They must be making them pretty good.

Interesting, I know with imports, that installing front upper, front lower, rear upper and rear lower strut bars tie the frame together and also drastically decreased the impact of the driver and passenger. If I find the link I will post them but I wonder if there is anything that can tie silverado's frame together.