2 Seperate Trans Issues

1st: I've had this problem periodically now pretty much ever since I started modding. If I launch from a dig and go through the gears, no issue shifting into 3rd/4th. Shift point is 5700-5800 going into 3rd. If Im in 3rd or 4th gear and and floor the pedal the truck shifts in to 2nd perfect but sometimes not all the time truck will hang on in 2nd for about 2-3 seconds then shift into 3rd. I see the rpms completely pegged at 6K. At this point even if i let off the throttle the truck still doesnt automatically shift into 3rd.

Again it isnt all of the time or even that often. It's not my daily driver, or even my 2nd car right now but I noticed it again this morning driving down the freeway.

Side notes: My converter is definately on its way out but again its been doing this for 2+ years. Also I don't think its a tuning issue as it was the same with my Nelson tune and Blackbear tune. In fact in street tuning with Justin we couldnt duplicate the problem.

2nd: This has happened probably 6 - 10 times in the lifetime I've owned this truck. Under very light acceleration from a stop, the truck will not shift into second. RPM's climb and then truck act's like its shifting right to 3rd gear. Continue on, no biggie, usually doesnt happen for a few months later.

I do have the transgo HD2-C shift kit plus servos but I cannot remember if I have the metal accumlators installed.

Any idea's would be great! :cheers:

I have had these intermittent issues with a handheld and a custom tune, also with a stock, beefed up stock, and also now a built trans. I guess you just have to chalk it up to it beeing a characteristic of the sh*tty design of the 4L60/65/70E. :dunno:

I've had the exact same thing happen to me several times. It happened while stock, with just a tune, and now even with the shift kit and all. No idea what's causing it but like you said, it doesn't happen very often (and mine is a daily driver).

I'd personally have your shift tables looked at..

Its just the nature of the beast :cheers:

did it when stock, no tune, then nelson tune/stock tranny, then shift kit/servos/nelson tune, then shift kit/servos blackbear tune...don't think its in the tuning.

Just like Jeremy(rivierakid), I have had it happen with different circumstances too, even with a built trans........and it definitely isn't my tune, that has been checked twice, all stock parameters with the exception of couple minor adjustments for my stall.