04SS VS 91SS

bass222000

HEY GUYS, im new to the site and i am looking to buy the new ss very soon. currently i drive a 96 s10ss with a few upgrades. anyways after seeing this i had to share.

yesterday while at the gas station a 03 or an 04 ss (dont remember the year for sure) pulls in. i walk over to the kid and start talking to him bout his truck. starts showing it to me and he pops the hood. he had a supercharger on it...not sure but i think it was a radix...sounded hella sweet though. he tells me that hes on his way to meet a guy who owns a 91 silveradoss to settle some ongoing trash talking.. i think he said he worked with the guy. i had to see this so i asked if we could follow, and he said sure. we hoped in my buddies vette and followed the guy.

we arrived at the other guys house and he pulled his 91 out and when he cranked it my mouth started watering!! he had that thing modified to the hilt...nitrous, and some serious work on the motor. anyways he says he knows of a little back road with a loooong straight away so off we go. pulling out of his driveway he lays posi's for a good 30-40 yards. i was hella excited to watch this race.

we get to the road and its a perfect spot to race. the guy with the 91's brother hops out to flag the race. they line up and the brother lines em up. he flags it and the 454 smoked em real bad off the line and the 03ss gets em real bad off the line. we follow in my buds 96 vette we had the t-tops off and the sound of those two trucks was undescribable..anyways the 03 has him by about 3 or 4 cars, but i dont know if the 454 was playing with him or he hit the bottle, but the 03's lead vanished REAL quick....the 454 caught him then edged out ahead by about three cars. my buddies vette is pretty damn quick and he was all in it trying to keep up with them. they raced for i would say a little over a quarter mile and the 454 got him pretty good but it was a DAMN fun race to watch...i still would rather drive the newer ss though. i had to share this with u guys....

hopefully will have some stories of my own new ss before to long

Now we know why he lost (red)  just kidding Lee

:nono: It's not nice to kid about red SS's being slower, Tim. You should know better than that. Now go the the corner for a five minute time out.

Now we know why he lost (red)  just kidding Lee

:nono: It's not nice to kid about red SS's being slower, Tim. You should know better than that. Now go the the corner for a five minute time out.

tht's right, we all know black is teh fastest.... :P

Archived