Alarm Is Going Off Almost Every Night

For some reason my friggin alarm has been going off almost once a night. It is an aftermarket Python alarm and I never have any issues with it anywhere else except in my driveway. At first I thought it might be the punk kids down the street bumping their systems as they go by but that turned out to not be the case. At times I will hear it beeping like someone possibly bumped it then it wont do anything, other times it just goes off. This only happens in my driveway, no where else. To top it off the sensor isn't even set that sensitive. Any ideas? Could a garage door opener from someones house near by crossing signals as its opening or something causing the alarm to go into panic mode?

occasionally there is a cat here and there but unless they are falling from the top of the 40ft palm tree out front I doubt they are the problem. The shock sensor on my truck isn't real sensitive, I have it set so it take a decent thump for it to go off. I had issues in the past with setting way to sensitive and this seems to be just right where its at now.

is your battery in good shape?

Yup the battery is pretty new, maybe a couple months so I would think its in good shape.

I know this seams pretty obvious, but is someone messing with you? How do you know for sure its not some punk kids doing it?

You know, unless those little punks are extremely fast I don't think its kids. As soon as I hear the alarm I run out there hoping to see someone running or something but nothing. At first I thought it might of been the previous owners kids of my house but I don't think thats the case.

I've read where cell phones can interfere with the keyless FOBs that the new Corvettes have if they are too close, so I guess interference with another wireless device is possible. The tough job would be how to track down who's it is. Can any adjustments be made to the alarm system other than sensitivity, and maybe eliminate it that way?

I've read where cell phones can interfere with the keyless FOBs that the new Corvettes have if they are too close, so I guess interference with another wireless device is possible. The tough job would be how to track down who's it is. Can any adjustments be made to the alarm system other than sensitivity, and maybe eliminate it that way?

I was kind of thinking the same thing along the lines of "interference" since this only happens in your drive way..

radios, cell phones, wireless devices/routers, remotes, etc :dunno:

i think its time for a stakeout :ninja:

Trust me, I have been working in my garage for the past few weeks and I will be standing there and it will arm itself like someone bumped it. It seems to only actually go off when I'm in the house. It has to be interference somewhere but what or where is the question. I can think of anything else.