Need Help With My Stereo System In My 2003 Silverado Ss

I got an optima d34/78 battery and supposebly from the site it says I could just replace my old battery with it. I got a kicker zx1500.1 mono block amp and 2 kicker 12inch L7s. 1/0 guage streetwires kit a 1 farad digital streetwires cap streetwire rcas. I havent messed with any of it and prefer to do it myself so if anyone could help me on how to do it and let me know if I need a high output alternator Id be grateful thank you. Also if I installed it would it do anything to the trucks computer?

I got an optima d34/78 battery and supposebly from the site it says I could just replace my old battery with it. I got a kicker zx1500.1 mono block amp and 2 kicker 12inch L7s. 1/0 guage streetwires kit a 1 farad digital streetwires cap streetwire rcas. I havent messed with any of it and prefer to do it myself so if anyone could help me on how to do it and let me know if I need a high output alternator Id be grateful thank you. Also if I installed it would it do anything to the trucks computer?

Are you using the factory h/u? If so, you will need a hi/lo converter. Otherwise it is all very easy. It is just a matter of running wires and plugging them in and tuning your setup. I had 2 kx 1200.1 and 2 l7 12"s in the back of my SS and never had a problem. You definitely should upgrade the alternator too.

You don't need a high output alternator if your capacitor is working properly. (And you will get terrible feedback while your drive with a high output alternator if it is not set up for it). It will not mess with your computer.

Hooking up subs its pretty simple.

First you might need to read the instructions of your capacitor and it might need a precharge to it. Precharge following directions.

Disconnect your battery.

Then start with power. Wire your large gauge power wire from your positive terminal of your battery to your capacitor with a fuse no more than 2 feet from your positive terminal. If I am not mistaken the streetwires capacitors are two post and you will run the power wire from your battery to the power of the capacitor and on the same terminal run the power from the capacitor top post to the amp.

Next, ground. Wire a ground from the capacitor negative post to the amp, and wire another ground wire from the capacitor to a proper body ground. For example the set of studs under the rear seat for the factory bottle jack.

Then wire a remote turn on wire from your head unit remote power to the remote turn on to your amp.

After wire your RCA cables from your head unit to the amp.

Then wire the positive and negative wires from the amp to the sub.

Then reconnect your factory battery and enjoy the bass!

Edited by Punisher (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
Are you using the factory h/u? If so, you will need a hi/lo converter. Otherwise it is all very easy. It is just a matter of running wires and plugging them in and tuning your setup. I had 2 kx 1200.1 and 2 l7 12"s in the back of my SS and never had a problem. You definitely should upgrade the alternator too.

Im using the new kenwood dnx9140 installed everything got a db 250amp alternator upgraded the alternator wire to battery with 0 guage and fuse and shit when it hits it drains my battery still. I dont get it. Im going to finish the big 3 and hopefully it stops if not I dont know what else to do.

• 2 weeks later...
ur radio could be staying on and u not know it. my factory radio has been draining my batt after i dont have the avic in anymore.

so i did the big 3 with my system all hooked up even got a new cap 4 farad quantum and when i turned it on blew one sub lol so I rigged one sub to my amp and it works but still drains power on my battery gauge I dont understand why it shouldnt be doing that at all. A 250amp alternator replaced my 105amp alternator the amp requires 140amps. But still it blew one sub which 2 kicker L7s 12" 2 ohm dual voice coil shouldnt blow at all from a kicker zx1500.1. It should be pushing just the right enough power to them. But one blew and still have a power drain problem. Any ideas anyone?????

How'd you wire ur kicker system up because im having problems with mine?????? mine keeps draining my battery power and cutting off and it blew one of my fuses and when i replaced the fuse and did the big three it blew one of my subs.

I had way more into my toyota echo than that and had stock alt I had 2 JBL 600 mono a PG 400.2 for 4 10" W6 V2's then a rockford 40.2 for 2 4's and 2 tweeters and a rockford 300 for 2 6.5s and 2 6X9's I had no problems with lights dimming or anything. I use to do stereo comp I could hit 142.7 DB's

How'd you wire ur kicker system up because im having problems with mine?????? mine keeps draining my battery power and cutting off and it blew one of my fuses and when i replaced the fuse and did the big three it blew one of my subs.

that sounds like ur acc. wire. where are u tapping the remote in at? unless ur doing it straight off the ignition wire under the steering column, i would suspect that be ur draining and ur cutting off problem. also check ur ground and make sure its efficient as well.

that sounds like ur acc. wire. where are u tapping the remote in at? unless ur doing it straight off the ignition wire under the steering column, i would suspect that be ur draining and ur cutting off problem. also check ur ground and make sure its efficient as well.

My remote is connected to the deck and my ground for the amp is right by the middle bolt underneath the rear seat where the y cable was before i cut the tabs for my rear seat to fold down.