Gm Phone Number For Production Numbers

bobryan

ok,i just got pff the phone with george zaparo at gm canada,were the good ones were built.he finaly traced down the production numbers for the 07 ss.he said out of 289 silverado excab body style C15753 4 were ss's.i find that hard to beleave but hes mailing me the docs on it.if its truce though i will probly have to put mine in storage and drive somthing else,wich sux

here is georges number,it cost to get it but it tells you everything about your truck

905-440-7636

:withstupid: sumtin doesn't sound wight..

ok,just to clear things up.they made ss's at more than one plant.these are the figures from the plant in canada.i will post the certificate they are sending me when i get it.i wont talk about it anymore,because i just realized i sound like a braggin d--khead.

google georges name,he is the gm go-to guy for barrett jackson and all the top car actions if you want to know everything about your gm,from the 60's up

You should feel lucky to even get any information about production actually ... there have been many people who have started down that path and never got anywhere, no numbers what so ever.

Would be sweet to get a cert too ... post it up man (when you get it).

I have been told numerous times different production numbers for the different years of the Silverado SS from GM (on the phone) and a few different dealerships and not one can agree with the other. The only SS that is numbered is the ISS. They have 03-04 numbers on this site.

The other way to tell production is obviously by sharing VIN #'s.

• 2 weeks later...
here is what gm sent me

Thanks for posting the letter, looks like you may have a keeper there.

Did he say what other plants the SSS's were made at? I was under the impression that ALL of the Silverado's that were sent out for the SS up-fitting came out of the Oshawa plant. I've been doing some research for a little project I'm working on and have been looking at A LOT of SSS VIN's (been harvesting VIN's from Ebay) and so far all SSS VIN's that I have seen have had a "2" for the first number which indicates it was made in Canada, and a "1" for the 11th number which indicates it was made at the Oshawa plant.

In his letter to you he said "Of the 387 units of model C15753 sold in Canada for the 2007 model year, only 4 were SS models." What does he consider "Sold in Canada", does that include the SS's sent to the US for sale too?

Thanks for posting the letter, looks like you may have a keeper there.

Did he say what other plants the SSS's were made at? I was under the impression that ALL of the Silverado's that were sent out for the SS up-fitting came out of the Oshawa plant. I've been doing some research for a little project I'm working on and have been looking at A LOT of SSS VIN's (been harvesting VIN's from Ebay) and so far all SSS VIN's that I have seen have had a "2" for the first number which indicates it was made in Canada, and a "1" for the 11th number which indicates it was made at the Oshawa plant.

In his letter to you he said "Of the 387 units of model C15753 sold in Canada for the 2007 model year, only 4 were SS models." What does he consider "Sold in Canada", does that include the SS's sent to the US for sale too?

yes,i asked him why he kept saying sold,he said thats the way they describe them,but it means built and sold to dealers.the other number means 1500 excab silverados.he said the other plant they made them at was forte wayn indiana,but he could not access there records to see how many they built.

i should not have brought it up,alot of people think im full of sh-t,my own family didnt beleive me ubtil i got the letter from gm

2003-2004 Were all made in the Oshawa for sure ... I think in 2005 they started offering more options and were no longer isolated to the Oshawa plant.

Here's what has been presented before by an insider in the Oshawa plant. (HAMUR)

In 2003, the production was:

6,117 Black

2,802 Red

1,103 Blue

Making a total of 10,022 Silverado SSs.

Final production numbers for the 2004 Model Year of Silverado SS's:

5098 units