Need Tips/help With Tinting Windows In Dd(car)

Ok, I'm attempting my first temp job. My DD is a 1995 pontiac gran prix se 2 door. I made a template of one of the windows then cut the tint. The problem I'm having is these damn cars have the seat belt attached to the door above the corner of the window. I've got less than an inch of space between the window and seat belt so it's a real PITA trying to get the tint in that small @ss area. Once I did I had bubbles around that area plus more at the bottom. I tried to get them out but gave up after a long while and just pulled the tint off. It's hard to use the squegee(sp?) with the seat belt in the way. I ended using it vertically. I know that's wrong but these seat belts are in my way. I'm about ready to remove it. any tips you guys can give me? This is my first tint job lol but my daughter doesn't like the sun blinding her in the mornings when I take her to day care and that static cling temp tint sucks @ss.

however long you think it will take you to apply the tint and remove the air bubbles, spend 3x that cleaning your windows. I cannot stress this enough, your windows will look like junk otherwise.

Use soap and or windex and a razor blade, and do each window at least two times to be sure to remove all the fine dirt and grime. Use vertical and horizontal strokes to be sure to cover the entire window

lay the tint against the outside of the window, and use it as a outline to cut out your tint to the correct size.

Roll your window down 1", and apply tint to the top of the window first, leaving 1/8" gap.. then work your way down, once your half way down carefully roll the window up. You should have about 1/4 over hang on the bottom, just push that through the rubber gromet.

The rear window will be the hardest if your going to tint that as well...

My brother tinted windows for 3 years and is badass at it.. I've watched him several times and this is kind of what I picked up from it

Good luck :cheers:

however long you think it will take you to apply the tint and remove the air bubbles, spend 3x that cleaning your windows. I cannot stress this enough, your windows will look like junk otherwise.

Use soap and or windex and a razor blade, and do each window at least two times to be sure to remove all the fine dirt and grime. Use vertical and horizontal strokes to be sure to cover the entire window

lay the tint against the outside of the window, and use it as a outline to cut out your tint to the correct size.

Roll your window down 1", and apply tint to the top of the window first, leaving 1/8" gap.. then work your way down, once your half way down carefully roll the window up. You should have about 1/4 over hang on the bottom, just push that through the rubber gromet.

The rear window will be the hardest if your going to tint that as well...

My brother tinted windows for 3 years and is badass at it.. I've watched him several times and this is kind of what I picked up from it

Good luck :cheers:

good info...that just about sums it up.

JaymzSS pretty much summed it up

Use a hairdryer in the corners and hard to reach rear spots also (from the outside) - it will loosen up the film and depending on what it causing the bubbles may get it to lay more flat

Depending on the quality of the film and temperature outside it may take up to a week for all the small bubbles to get out

Edited by Ross (see edit history)

• 3 months later...