Took It To The Dealer .now It Wont Start

mikeczech79

Hi guys i really need some advice.I took the truck to the dealer today,to have it checked for any codes.And they did the fuel pressure test,and now they cant get it started.The truck turns over but it stalls right away.And it sound really weird and loud when you try to start it.The reason i took it there is becouse the truck will not go past 4000 RPM.

Does anybody know what the problem might be?

All i have on the 03 sss truck is outlaw air intake and Wheatley Tune.

Does this have something to do with a PCM relearn? Or the security relearn.

Any advice is really appreciated .Thanks Mike

Edited by czechmike (see edit history)

Backup a little bit and tell us when the Tune was installed. When did this problem start? What was the result of the fuel pressure test? Did they pull any codes?

CD

The tune was installed about 15 months ago,and everything was fine and the truck ran great.But couple of months ago i noticed when i put the pedal to the floor it would hesitate at about 4000 rpm and would not shift right and the check engine light would flash for a few seconds. So i did a tune up changed the spark plugs ,wires, fuel filter, pvc valve,but it didnt fix anything.So i took it to the dealer yesterday and they called me about 5 oclock asking me how to get it to start .They said its not pulling any codes and didnt tell me what the fuel pressure test results were ,the truck tries to turn over ,but wont start

sounds to me like they may have messed with the pcm and it didn't like it. Try the relearn procedure and go from there.

I have to wait till tomorrow now becouse they are closed today.I will have them do that, but do you know will that reset the pcm back to stock ?

A relearn will NOT reset the PCM to factory. I sure hope that they did not over write your tune. Hopefully the Dealer will do things right and get you going again. I would still ask about the fuel pressure.

CD

A relearn will NOT reset the PCM to factory. I sure hope that they did not over write your tune. Hopefully the Dealer will do things right and get you going again. I would still ask about the fuel pressure.

CD

I really hope that does it ,i will know tomorrow and will be sure to find out what the fuel presurre test results are.Thanks you for your advice Mike.

If the PCM has been in the truck for a while I highly doubt it is a relearn procedure that is needed. If the truck is breaking up around 4k RPM's something is out of whack, fuel, spark, who knows. Maybe the PCM just took a dump completely, most likely they will re-flash your PCM losing the Tune on there and go from there with a fresh factory tune. Do you have a spare PCM to throw in and see if it solves the problem before you have the dealer messing with more stuff to at least eliminate whether or not its the PCM?

Good Call fox_forma

I kept mine for such a cause. But I'm thinking maybe he don't have the original one or he might of tried it? *shrugs*

I hope you get it figured out or I guess at this point "They" beings it's at the dealer atm.

Hi guys i really need some advice.I took the truck to the dealer today,to have it checked for any codes.And they did the fuel pressure test,and now they cant get it started.The truck turns over but it stalls right away.And it sound really weird and loud when you try to start it.The reason i took it there is becouse the truck will not go past 4000 RPM.

Does anybody know what the problem might be?

All i have on the 03 sss truck is outlaw air intake and Wheatley Tune.

Does this have something to do with a PCM relearn? Or the security relearn.

Any advice is really appreciated .Thanks Mike

If the PCM has been in the truck for a while I highly doubt it is a relearn procedure that is needed. If the truck is breaking up around 4k RPM's something is out of whack, fuel, spark, who knows. Maybe the PCM just took a dump completely, most likely they will re-flash your PCM losing the Tune on there and go from there with a fresh factory tune. Do you have a spare PCM to throw in and see if it solves the problem before you have the dealer messing with more stuff to at least eliminate whether or not its the PCM?

I wish i had an extra one to try that out with,i sent my original one to Wheatley .Im not sure what they did with the truck ,but im going there in the morning to see .I just hope they can get it to run again, like it did when i drove it there saturday .Ill let you know what happenes . :dunno:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that your problem is probably not PCM related for a few reasons.........first being that you have a Wheatley tune, and Charlie locks his PCMs. Only an absolute whiz with a Tech2 would be able to crack it, very doubtful. Second, even if they did overwrite your tune(which they probably did not) with a factory tune, the truck should still start since the PCM was never removed from the vehicle. The only time a security or crank relearn are needed is if a virgin PCM that is unfamiliar with your particular truck is installed. The security relearn process is not going to help you.

If your truck had a flashing CEL, that represents a catalyst damaging misfire, and should have thrown a code. You need to find out from your dealer which codes were thrown, along with the results of the fuel pressure test. You obviously have a running problem, whether it's fuel, ignition, intake, or exhaust related can be partially determined by the codes thrown........

Last, do you have an aftermarket alarm, security, or remote start system on your truck? The crank/start/stall issue sounds like a security system malfunction, and yes it could possibly be a PassKey problem. Your dealership needs to pull their heads out of the sand and start diagnosing your problems properly and effectively.......

I really hope that does it ,i will know tomorrow and will be sure to find out what the fuel presurre test results are.Thanks you for your advice Mike.

I wonder why they could not get the fuel pressure reading?

I will be in the office in the morning,and will look at your file.Seeing it has been running good for a year and all of a sudden doing this,I am thinking a fuel related problem.I have had fuel pumps go bad having very low pressure,and cause missfires.Seen this many times

however,being at the dealer nothing would surprise me!!

Edited by Wheatley (see edit history)