Took It To The Dealer .now It Wont Start

mikeczech79

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that your problem is probably not PCM related for a few reasons.........first being that you have a Wheatley tune, and Charlie locks his PCMs. Only an absolute whiz with a Tech2 would be able to crack it, very doubtful. Second, even if they did overwrite your tune(which they probably did not) with a factory tune, the truck should still start since the PCM was never removed from the vehicle. The only time a security or crank relearn are needed is if a virgin PCM that is unfamiliar with your particular truck is installed. The security relearn process is not going to help you.

If your truck had a flashing CEL, that represents a catalyst damaging misfire, and should have thrown a code. You need to find out from your dealer which codes were thrown, along with the results of the fuel pressure test. You obviously have a running problem, whether it's fuel, ignition, intake, or exhaust related can be partially determined by the codes thrown........

Last, do you have an aftermarket alarm, security, or remote start system on your truck? The crank/start/stall issue sounds like a security system malfunction, and yes it could possibly be a PassKey problem. Your dealership needs to pull their heads out of the sand and start diagnosing your problems properly and effectively.......

Well Charley, you are absolutly right about the truck not starting becouse of alarm system. I was able to start it after i reset the alarm and then drove it home. And now it only starts with the remote control,when i try to start it with the key it starts and stalls right away.So im gonna have an alarm guy look in to that tomorow.The dealer told me that the cats are clogged,and could not get any code readings.

I have to say that was the last time that i ever bring my truck to the dealer .

They didnt charge me anything becouse they could not start it ,so thats good.

Thanks a lot for everyones help. Talk to you later Mike

I would pick one problem at a time to solve. Either the alarm issue or the clogged CATS. The cats will make it die a higher RPM and if there are codes it could mean you are in danger of engine damage.

Where are you located?

Take it easy and Good Luck.

CD

I would pick one problem at a time to solve. Either the alarm issue or the clogged CATS. The cats will make it die a higher RPM and if there are codes it could mean you are in danger of engine damage.

Where are you located?

Take it easy and Good Luck.

CD

Well i found out why the truck would not start.The guys at the dealer reset the viper alarm somehow and all i had to do is take the fuse out and put it back in and it reset itself,so now it starts. The issue with the truck is that the cats are clogged. The truck does not run right at high RPM .They told me that its not reading any codes.So i guess its time to delete the cats .Im located in Orlando FL.

Gut the cats or have the dealer replace them. I think they are covered for 80K. I might be wrong, search the board on this or someone will chime in.

Your cats are warranteed by Federal mandate for 8 years/80,000 miles.......if they are clogged, you need to act ASAP or you will kill your motor.....

Your cats are warranteed by Federal mandate for 8 years/80,000 miles.......if they are clogged, you need to act ASAP or you will kill your motor.....

I just turned 84000 miles so the warranty is out . Should i have the inside of the cats taken out ?