O2 Sensor On Wideband Air Fuel?

Alberta04SS

Hey guys. So yesterday I picked up an auto meter wide band air fuel guage. I hooked up the gauge in the dash and that all went smoothly. I hooked up the new o2 sensor before the cat on the drivers side but now the stock o2 wiring harness wont plug into the new one so the engine isnt getting that reading. Im wondering if I missed somthing or if I have to get an adaptor or if I should weld in a new port for the new sensor and leave the stock one alone. I have been searching for a while but I cant find anything.

Thanks for the help! :wtf:

Hey guys. So yesterday I picked up an auto meter wide band air fuel guage. I hooked up the gauge in the dash and that all went smoothly. I hooked up the new o2 sensor before the cat on the drivers side but now the stock o2 wiring harness wont plug into the new one so the engine isnt getting that reading. Im wondering if I missed somthing or if I have to get an adaptor or if I should weld in a new port for the new sensor and leave the stock one alone. I have been searching for a while but I cant find anything.

Thanks for the help! :wtf:

Unless you tuned out your O2S you need your stock ones. You need to a weld in a new bung and need a wideband controller, you can't use your factory wiring harness.

Okay thanks Man! so ill plug the old one back in and where should I mount the new one?

Whats a wide band controller? wont the guage work by its self?

The new O2S should be fairly close to the Upstream O2S. It will not work by itself, it needs harness for the wideband.

Edited by Punisher (see edit history)

Okay who makes one to work with the phatom? and where do I mount it?

So the Air/fuel reading from just the guage is usless?

Well it says its a standalone, not just a gauge. So if you bought it brand new it should have came with the harness for it. That should plug into your gauge and O2S and you should be alright.