New Fuel Pump

hossram64

Not sure on what to get for a new fuel pump, I think my pump is starting to go so I need to replace it. Ive been looking at Walboro intank pumps, but the company I emailed said they do not make it for my application. Also should I do a intank pump or inline pump will it matter? Any suggestions appreciated, if you could leave the model # to so I can look it up that would be great. Thanks guys.

Get a Walbro 255lph. You should be able to get one from a local performance shop around you if you don't want to wait on shipping with one online. An inline pump doesn't hurt but you can go without it and be fine. I have done a few Aeromotive inline pumps on other peoples' vehicles and they have crapped out. I couldn't really recommend you a good one to go with there if you wanted an inline, but someone else here will.

• 2 weeks later...

I called magnuson today to ask about the fuel pump and a new tensioner pulley. They told me because I was a 03 that the 04 intank fuel pump will not work that I needed the inline pump??? is there any truth to that or will the 04 intank fuel pump kit work on my 03? Also they told me there belt tensioner was a dayco tensioner so instead of getting threw them I ordered threw dayco.

I believe it is true since '03 SSs have a return style fuel system that requires an additional inline fuel pump to boost fuel pressure. '04+ were returnless systems that required an in tank pump change. Not sure about the tensioners......

I believe it is true since '03 SSs have a return style fuel system that requires an additional inline fuel pump to boost fuel pressure. '04+ were returnless systems that required an in tank pump change. Not sure about the tensioners......

:withstupid:

I was using a stock intank fuel pump, and a 255 inline wallie on the frame rail. Just the intake won't be enough for your boosted application so be careful

I called magnuson today to ask about the fuel pump and a new tensioner pulley. They told me because I was a 03 that the 04 intank fuel pump will not work that I needed the inline pump??? is there any truth to that or will the 04 intank fuel pump kit work on my 03? Also they told me there belt tensioner was a dayco tensioner so instead of getting threw them I ordered threw dayco.

The Magnacharger "kit" for the 04 in-tank will not work on the 03 trucks without cutting or modifying the plastic fuel bucket. Solutions have been to cut holes on the side of the bucket or the best one I have seen is to run dual in-tank Walbro's by cutting the bottom of the bucket out. Search for BenKey's fuel modification thread as he did a nice job on his. Holty and .Justin. also have done it.

Honestly, I think you can get away with a stock in tank pump and the Magnacharger "in-line" Walbro. If for some reason you do drop FP at higher RPMs, you can install a Magnavolt on the in-line pump.

Let me call Dan and get the actual part number for the Magnusson Walbro Kit, because we've done almost a DOZEN of these and there is no pump bucket modification required; you DO have to crimp the two power wires and install a new 6" high pressure line from the pump to the bulkhead fitting - THAT'S IT, Dan can R&R the pump in 30-mins. And Magnusson supplies everything required in the kit.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Let me call Dan and get the actual part number for the Magnusson Walbro Kit, because we've done almost a DOZEN of these and there is no pump bucket modification required; you DO have to crimp the two power wires and install a new 6" high pressure line from the pump to the bulkhead fitting - THAT'S IT, Dan can R&R the pump in 30-mins. And Magnusson supplies everything required in the kit.

Mr. P.

Interested in this as well. I will be needing a fuel pump real soon.

• 1 month later...