Wtf

zoopete

Hey guys, I have not been on here for a while but I have not needed anything or had any problems, Until today. So I go get my oil changed ( I know why do that when I can do it) but it is just easer to have them dump the old stuff and me not worrie about it. Anyway I get this 27 point inspection done and when I pick it up they say I have a bad water pump and the upper ball joints are bad. Ok the ball joints I can under stand It is lowerd with the Mcg's kit,but the water pump come on I just hit 60,000 today I think that is bs and the new pump is $366.00 OMG wow that is pricey. Has any one else had these problems at this milege? Thanks for lettin me vent. oh ya and my truck is a 04 if that makes a dif. Laters Pete

yeah screw that!!!!!!thats to much money for a pump.go to your local autoparts store and pick one up their you will pay 100 to 150 for a new one with warranty :cheers:pump only has 6 bolts

Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

Hey guys, I have not been on here for a while but I have not needed anything or had any problems, Until today. So I go get my oil changed ( I know why do that when I can do it) but it is just easer to have them dump the old stuff and me not worrie about it. Anyway I get this 27 point inspection done and when I pick it up they say I have a bad water pump and the upper ball joints are bad. Ok the ball joints I can under stand It is lowerd with the Mcg's kit,but the water pump come on I just hit 60,000 today I think that is bs and the new pump is $366.00 OMG wow that is pricey. Has any one else had these problems at this milege? Thanks for lettin me vent. oh ya and my truck is a 04 if that makes a dif. Laters Pete

Why did they say the water pump was "bad?" Is it leaking? Is your truck overheating?

they said it was leaking I looked at it today after they said it was leaking and did not see any water at all and did not smell any thing eather. I trust these guys they have worked on my truck for 3 years and my chevelle and corvette!! If I buy the pump from them it is 366. W/ 12 month warinty but if they put it on it is lifetime that is why I am so pi$$ed it is stupid easy to do.

i had to replace my water pump in the 60k range, the actual water pump wasnt bad i just needed new gaskets i got a new water pump t-stat coolant for under $200 at auto zone and did the removal and install in about a hr

My water pump went out with less then 20k on my truck, didn't really leak anything out of the weep hole, but the bearings were really noisy on a cold start up.....

Damn bro after 20k? Maybe I need to pick one up and keep it on the size.

Too top it all off the water line from the washer bottle,to the wipers cracked. Now all my water pi$$es on the ground. When it rains it pours.. LOL

Look on the bright side...You haven't had to pull and rebuild your trans 7 times or rebuild your motor at 65k miles. :banghead:

Maybe I should look on the bright side, my water pump is just fine... :jester: