Lowering An 04 Ls 2/6?

brv1102

I have an 04 silverado 2wd with a 5.3 and i put ground force shackles and eibach hangars on the rear for a 4 inch total drop and my front is still stock but it sits right about level

im wanting to put 2 inch drop spindles on the front and the lower the back 2 more inches, what way would you guys recommend to drop the rear 2 more inches

also i have 22'' wheels with 305/45/22 tires im thinking im probly going to have to use a smaller tire also, any size you think would work good with this setup?

I have an 04 silverado 2wd with a 5.3 and i put ground force shackles and eibach hangars on the rear for a 4 inch total drop and my front is still stock but it sits right about level

im wanting to put 2 inch drop spindles on the front and the lower the back 2 more inches, what way would you guys recommend to drop the rear 2 more inches

also i have 22'' wheels with 305/45/22 tires im thinking im probly going to have to use a smaller tire also, any size you think would work good with this setup?

If you go lower in the back I would do a c-notch. If not, your diff is gonna sit right under the frame. You can get leaf springs or take off the drop you have now and do a flip kit with spindles up front. I would probably run 295/35/22 with that drop. If the back is gonna go that low, I would think about bagging it also. Super easy on 2wd :jester:

2" belltech spindles for the front. If you need a little more you can adjust your t-bars for another -1 to -2

:)

anyone know where i can get some stock spindles/hangars?

also im looking at the djm 6'' flip kit with the c-notch and was wondering if i put on stock shackles and put my leafs in the top hole of my hangars to make a 7'' drop do you think that would fit and still have travel? id be putting on 285/35/22 or 295/35/22 tires

also im looking at the djm 6'' flip kit with the c-notch and was wondering if i put on stock shackles and put my leafs in the top hole of my hangars to make a 7'' drop do you think that would fit and still have travel? id be putting on 285/35/22 or 295/35/22 tires

Check ebay for stock parts. You will not have very much travel actually. If you really wanna go low, I just say bag it altogether.

You will be fine with travel at 7" with a bolt-in notch, but do the 7" with flip kit and drop shackles. Use the stock hangers to avoid problems with your pinion angle.

Also, the DJM notch is the worst design compared to Belltech and McGaughy's. The notch is just a cover plate with reinforcement around the notch cutout, while the McG notch wraps around the bottom of the frame, and the Belltech notch completely boxes the frame.

You will also need to make sure the offset on your rims is high enough or they will rub the fender lip.

• 2 weeks later...