Alignment

kevinthegreat

Best way to tell if you need an alignment is if your truck runs off to the sides on a straight road if you let go of the steering wheel and by watching tire wear. If you are stock height then the rims will not affect you. If you had uneven tire wear or your truck would go off to the sides, then yes, I would get an alignment so you dont wear out the new shoes on the truck.

Best way to tell if you need an alignment is if your truck runs off to the sides on a straight road if you let go of the steering wheel and by watching tire wear. If you are stock height then the rims will not affect you. If you had uneven tire wear or your truck would go off to the sides, then yes, I would get an alignment so you dont wear out the new shoes on the truck.

i checked and the old tires and they seemed to be worn evenly. i dont know if its just the new wheels and tires but it seems to control differently, but it doesnt pull either direction unless the road is slanted. would that be caused by wider wheels and diff tires?

i checked and the old tires and they seemed to be worn evenly. i dont know if its just the new wheels and tires but it seems to control differently, but it doesnt pull either direction unless the road is slanted. would that be caused by wider wheels and diff tires?

What do you mean by control differently? My truck felt slightly different after I put the rims on but that is because of the weight difference. Other than that there is nothing to worry about except for maybe upgrading the brakes for better stopping power.

What do you mean by control differently? My truck felt slightly different after I put the rims on but that is because of the weight difference. Other than that there is nothing to worry about except for maybe upgrading the brakes for better stopping power.

it just feels different. its probably cause of the weight difference and the wider tires. yeah i would really like to upgrade the brakes because the wheels make them look tiny. lol

Just wanted to add something...

If your alignment is 110% nuts on.. your truck WILL slowly pull to the passenger side ditch. This is done for saftey...( falling asleep etc.. )

now if you let go of the wheel, and your head bounces off the side glass, theres an issue :P

If your alignment is 110% nuts on.. your truck WILL slowly pull to the passenger side ditch. This is done for saftey...( falling asleep etc.. )

now if you let go of the wheel, and your head bounces off the side glass, theres an issue :P

i have never heard of that, but it makes since. it does pull to the passenger side but not to hard enough to bounce off the glass lol

That would be bad if you are in the hov lane all the way to the right :uhoh: Hopefully the horns wake you up before crunching metal and shattering glass does :freak:

true, doesnt sound like they thought that safety feature all the way through :uhoh:

Maybe, maybe not....they probably don't count on everyone falling asleep at the wheel. Instead they should have a hand that comes out and slaps the sh!t outta the driver everytime they pull out the cell phone to talk and text :banghead:

There is a multi-million dollar safety invention right there :jester: Then they wouldn't have to run those psa's about the stuff. Btw, those things are :crazy:

Where did you hear that?

Are you sure it's not because the roads slants for water run-off?