Car Alarms.. Any Good Ones?

HELLO EVERYBODY...!!!.. So, the other day my truck almost got jacked. The person that was doing it thought I drove something else because I'm a girl and he probably thought that there was no way that it was mine. He kept on doing it until I pressed the panic button and he ran away...My question to all of you is though, is there any good alarms that you would recommend for me to use. I saw a couple of them over the weekend that are all hi-tech, you can see the person that is walking around your car through the remote control that goes on your keychain or something like that but is that really necessary or can I get something else??? Any Suggestions???

viper is a pert good they have some out that is a remote pager system work's up to a mile away. The pager will go off warning you when your car is being messed with. woofers.ect has a bunch you can look at to. my parents had a clifford and if some one was to look in it for more than a couple seconds it would go off they could even leave the windows down and if some one stuck a hand in the window the alarm to would go off. The cool part about that alarm was it normally beeped 2 times when disarming it but if the alarm had gone off it would beep 3 to let you know the waring alarm went off

I have a Viper 7900 on both my SSs. It has tilt, glass breaking, ultrasonic sensor (for movement inside the cab) and proximity sensor (stand next to the truck for more than 10 seconds, alarm chirps off a warning..keep standing there, alarm goes off). It comes with remote start and 2 waypaging, which is nice. Unfortunately it's now discontinued. You can find it on ebay brand new and have it installed. I haven't had any problems at all with the alarm on my truck. Viper recently released a new alarm with paging, etc., called the HD and the LC3. From what I know, the HD isn't out yet. Apparently it's something Viper has hyped up but yet to produce. The LC3 is readily availalbe and I've heard good things about it as well. One of my friends who is an installer says they have had to return visits due to the LC3 being installed. You might want to check into those two and see which you like, if any. Hope this helps.

Okay, thank you guys so much for these suggestions!.. They were very helpful!... Now I have a better idea on what car alarms I should get!.. Thanks! =]

I have a Viper 7900 on both my SSs. It has tilt, glass breaking, ultrasonic sensor (for movement inside the cab) and proximity sensor (stand next to the truck for more than 10 seconds, alarm chirps off a warning..keep standing there, alarm goes off). It comes with remote start and 2 waypaging, which is nice. Unfortunately it's now discontinued. You can find it on ebay brand new and have it installed. I haven't had any problems at all with the alarm on my truck. Viper recently released a new alarm with paging, etc., called the HD and the LC3. From what I know, the HD isn't out yet. Apparently it's something Viper has hyped up but yet to produce. The LC3 is readily availalbe and I've heard good things about it as well. One of my friends who is an installer says they have had to return visits due to the LC3 being installed. You might want to check into those two and see which you like, if any. Hope this helps.

My truck got broken into in my own driveway.. they got my navi my ipod and my alarm was set.. they can get around everything.. the worst part is right now everyone is hurting in the wallet.. so people have resorted to the wrong way to get money.

Needless to say I think I have a great alarm. It's a prestige I think. Fast4popper did it. It was not the alarm it was the skill of the guy who got in. I found out they used an airbag to pop the door then cut the wires and silenced the speaker.

Just a word of advice no matter how good the alarm is try and know where your truck is and the surroundings. I am now planning to only keep my VHO in the garage when I am not driving it. The insurance won't cover much of anything due to they are aftermarket parts. Something to keep in mind be sure your insurance will cover what you have.

Best of luck!

My truck got broken into in my own driveway.. they got my navi my ipod and my alarm was set.. they can get around everything.. the worst part is right now everyone is hurting in the wallet.. so people have resorted to the wrong way to get money.

Needless to say I think I have a great alarm. It's a prestige I think. Fast4popper did it. It was not the alarm it was the skill of the guy who got in. I found out they used an airbag to pop the door then cut the wires and silenced the speaker.

Just a word of advice no matter how good the alarm is try and know where your truck is and the surroundings. I am now planning to only keep my VHO in the garage when I am not driving it. The insurance won't cover much of anything due to they are aftermarket parts. Something to keep in mind be sure your insurance will cover what you have.

Best of luck!

:withstupid:

ive put every damn module and gadget directed (viper, clifford, etc etc) makes into peoples cars... my neighboors C6 was broken into, he thought it was just somebody trying to snatch a radio. next day, came with a flatbed and no more vette. all the alarms in the world wont help you from a tow away :cry:

ive put every damn module and gadget directed (viper, clifford, etc etc) makes into peoples cars... my neighboors C6 was broken into, he thought it was just somebody trying to snatch a radio. next day, came with a flatbed and no more vette. all the alarms in the world wont help you from a tow away :cry:

Lojack :D

Lojack :D

cmon if you have a flatbed to steal a car, that shit is in a drain somewhere nearby the car :lol:

a year or so ago someone stole my suburban off the used car lot... it was up on a ramp, right on the side of US1 (busy city highway area), with two cars blocking the lot. it had a one mile viper two way on it, immobilizier, proximity, tilt, all that fancy stuff. they plowed through the two blockers (a saturn vue and an aveo, both now destroyed and in the street)..... two days later we recovered the car. litterally stripped everything but the drivetrain. the thing had no roof!! no interior, not one exterior panel but the rear quaters... and guess where the alarm module was-

taped to the windsheild with "HA HA HA" written on it with white out. :wtf:

cmon if you have a flatbed to steal a car, that shit is in a drain somewhere nearby the car :lol:

a year or so ago someone stole my suburban off the used car lot... it was up on a ramp, right on the side of US1 (busy city highway area), with two cars blocking the lot. it had a one mile viper two way on it, immobilizier, proximity, tilt, all that fancy stuff. they plowed through the two blockers (a saturn vue and an aveo, both now destroyed and in the street)..... two days later we recovered the car. litterally stripped everything but the drivetrain. the thing had no roof!! no interior, not one exterior panel but the rear quaters... and guess where the alarm module was-

Holy sh*t! :eek:

I am sure that if a crook wants it, they will get it no matter how, but at least my chances of recovering my truck(god forbid she ever gets stolen) are much higher then without Lojack.

dam crazy i would be pissed :mad:

i have a sst viper 1 mile range and a hole bunch of other stuff :ninja: i would probably take a hole week for a thief to turn on my truck :ninja: and im still not done adding stuff to my truck .all we could do is slow them down so they could say hello to our little friend :M16:

Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

dam crazy i would be pissed :mad:

i have a sst viper 1 mile range and a hole bunch of other stuff :ninja: i would probably take a hole week for a thief to turn on my truck :ninja: and im still not done adding stuff to my truck .all we could do is slow them down so they could say hello to our little friend :M16:

thats exactly what this truck had. and if directed made a compatible product, it had it. it was an 07 LTZ with a full system, three TVs, lowered on 24s. it was begging to be stolen unfortunately. those are priceless when fully parted out :(

oh ya... "our little friend" has helped immensely in the theft deterrence of my SSS :cool: but since i dont live on the lot, they got me lol

thats exactly what this truck had. and if directed made a compatible product, it had it. it was an 07 LTZ with a full system, three TVs, lowered on 24s. it was begging to be stolen unfortunately. those are priceless when fully parted out :(

oh ya... "our little friend" has helped immensely in the theft deterrence of my SSS :cool: but since i dont live on the lot, they got me lol

If you don't want anything to happen, just put a sticker on the vehicle that reads "This vehicle is owned by a raging menopausal woman scorned with a blood hound. She WILL find you if you touch this vehicle!" :jester: