Launch Tips

ivin74

With awd you shouldn't be having any issues.. unless your like 700+ hp ??

I was Blown with bolt ons and never had traction issues with awd and 4.11s :blink:

Depending on your stall you basically have two options.. Stall it up on the line, and go from a idle, compare 60fts..

I hold on the brake and stall it to about 3000rpms and my SSS launches good and grabs good it just dont seem like my launch is good like like my Z-28

Try launching off an idle, many of us have had better luck that way. Not to mention, these trucks are heavy, really can't compare the launch of a 5500 pound truck to a 3000 pound Camaro. What are your mods?

I hold on the brake and stall it to about 3000rpms and my SSS launches good and grabs good it just dont seem like my launch is good like like my Z-28

The factory converter is not very helpful; on a stock truck the best you're gonna do is put the shifter in D, rev up to about 1100-1400 RPM, and nail the gas on the second yellow; I cannot remember, but the AWD truck PCM may also have 'abuse mode' torque management and that will subtract timing on hard standstill starts. To get a hard launch, get a 2800-3000 RPM converter and a GOOD tune. Since you are local to Charlie Wheatley, I would call him - if you wish to shop for a converter call us!

Mr. P. :)

Try launching off an idle, many of us have had better luck that way. Not to mention, these trucks are heavy, really can't compare the launch of a 5500 pound truck to a 3000 pound Camaro. What are your mods?

My mods are wheatly tune custom 4" CAI, Efans, ported throttle, Throttle body bypass, NGK plugs,Long tube headers with true dual 2.5 exhaust. Random Tech high flow cats, magnaflow x-pipe and muffler my best 1/4 time was 14.7 and i think it can do better.

My mods are wheatly tune custom 4" CAI, Efans, ported throttle, Throttle body bypass, NGK plugs,Long tube headers with true dual 2.5 exhaust. Random Tech high flow cats, magnaflow x-pipe and muffler my best 1/4 time was 14.7 and i think it can do better.

Your truck should be able to squeeze another 3 tenths or so in the 1/4 mile, but remember, weather, temperature, and elevation also have alot to do with ETs at the track. Since you are running a stock TC, I recommend launching off an idle, do not stall it at all IMO.......