Well, I Tried To Buy My First Sss

dirttoo

I found a 04 Silverado SS on the internet about 2 1/2 hours from home. I called the dealer and told him I was interested but I had a trade in. I told him what I had and he told me it was worth 17-19k off of their almost 20k truck. I told them I was coming Saturday and talked to them every day until then about different things on the truch and about the deal and not wanting to waste a trip. I went there on Saturday and saw their truck and it was not at all as it was described to me in the walk-around description I received on the phone. I drove it and all seemed well and when I got back from the test drive they offered me 14k for my trade. They told me since it did not have leather and a sunroof it was worth less. I told them on the phone it didn't have leather or a sunroof but had everything else and thats when they said 17-19k for my trade in. The internet guy I talked to on the phone met me at the door when I got there but was nowhere to be found when I spoke up about my displeasure in suckering me up there and then them raising the price. The salesman got them to go another thousand but that was it. I left without the truck. SO I am still looking for another SS but I need to trade my Tahoe or sell it first. This is my first post and hopefully not my last. :(

Don't give up man, the perfect truck will come around. I had almost the same thing happen to me when I was looking for a Z28 a long time ago. Saw a good one online about an hour away. Called them ahead of time to make sure it was still there and I was not wasting a trip. Of course thy said "oh sure it's here come have a look!" I get there and it's nowhere to be found. I asked them where it was and it was sold a few days earlier. Then they had the ball$ to say "well look at all of these other great cars we have!" I still cuss under my breath when I see their commercials... lol

Sorry to hear about your experience with the car salesman, good to hear you stuck to your guns and held out for what you wanted. I got dealt that way a couple times with wrecking yards, they tell you anything and everything you want to hear just to get you to drive out and see them. Don't let it discourage you, GM made thousands of these trucks, the right deal will come along, just keep an eye out. :thumbs: Welcome to the forum. :chevy:

Mr. P. :)

If you find a truck in a certain area make a post about it and see if any members live near the dealer... If so have a owner of a SSS go buy and look at it for you.

Also regarding your trade in. Also ask for the top dog and give them a vin and detailed description of your trade. Try to get their response on email so you have leverage.

There are many ways to get what you want from a dealer and not get screwed.

sorry to hear that man but you have to remember that thes car dealers right now are being a bunch of you know whats. You will not be able to get the full value of your trade in, you can just throw the blue book value right out the window. I have been trying to trade in my G6 for a while now and no one will give me blue book for the car except a dealer in my home town which is 2k miles away

Well, I went to see the truck in Rockford and NOW IT"S MINE! It's a black 03 in awesome shape. Maybe not getting the other one was supposed to be. This one is nicer and I really like black. It has a Volant air intake and a soft cover on the bed but other than that I think it's all stock. The lot there was great, they even gave me the truck and some money back for my Tahoe. Wow the other dealer wanted my truck and several thousand dollars for theirs. :):):)

Nice. Well how about some pics? Maybe we can get together for a little meet or something sometime if your up for it. FYI The cops love mine so just be ready for the extra attention from it because you will get it!

I had my SS on hold for over a month while I was checking other Silverado SS'. I found a couepl, one at a chop shop which was hilarious. The guy said it was completely stock 100 percent with Harmon Kardon speakers, ya sure buddy go pound some sand with glass in it. Long story short, I am sorry to hear your issues with car salesman. I was lucky enough that my family has been to my dealership for over 40 years and they treat me like royalty.

Good luck on your search. It may take some time to find the right one, but in the end it is worth it.