joe gibbs truck

tienda

The 4.8 5 speed will trail the Lightning.. The regular cab 5.3 auto is the real monster to compete.

I beg to differ.

The Joe Gibbs 4.8 5-Speed is faster than the 5.3.

I roasted plenty a 5.3 when my 4.8 5-Speed was stock, and now mod for mod its not even close.

Trust me the 5.3 is bad, but the 5-Speed is faster. :chevy:

I suppose we will continue to differ :thumbs: I think that 30" shifter will cost most drivers some time on the clock. In the auto you can install a higher stall converter and rebuild the tranny, but the manual still has a 30" shifter. There is no doubt in the Lightning community that the SRT10 would be consistantly faster if it had an auto.

We do agree that a N/A 6.0L doesn't have anything on a 4.8/5.3 supercharged engine.

As for beating the lightning off the showroom.... I don't know, I figure it will be a close match with the 5.3 auto. It doesn't have quite the tq the lightning does. I was putting 415tq to the ground stock. It's rated at 450. I still can't wait to see.

What are the numbers on the 4.8L s/c? I imagine they will be somewhere around 370/390.

Parked side by side, a Joe Gibbs is only a Silverado on steroids, but the "SS" is and will always be a sought-after vehicle just ask the dealership at trade time!! :thumbs:

• 8 months later...

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE 200O sILVERADO SS, IT HAS A 14.087 @ 96.75 MPH AND WAS DESIGNES TO BLOW THE TAILGATE OFF fORD'S LIGHTNING! IS JUST THAT AM NEW AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST THE PICTURE!! BUT YOU CAN FIND IT IN YAHOO!! SEARCH IMAJES ON 200 SILVERADO SS!

HAVE YOU GUYS SEEN THE 200O sILVERADO SS, IT HAS A 14.087 @ 96.75 MPH AND WAS DESIGNES TO BLOW THE TAILGATE OFF fORD'S LIGHTNING! IS JUST THAT AM NEW AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO POST THE PICTURE!! BUT YOU CAN FIND IT IN YAHOO!! SEARCH IMAJES ON 200 SILVERADO SS!

What are you talking about? Designed to go "head to head" with a Lightning?

I'm sorry, I disagree, with the statement, and the claimed time. Wasn't 300hp the highest rating for a 2000 Siverado?

Are you reading about the CONCEPT truck that was called the 2000 Silverado SS, and the estimated projected times, or?

Post a link to where you are getting that info from, I wouldn't mind taking a look.

:nono::nonod: What are you talking about...even if what your saying is true and the truck exists, a 14.087 wouldnt even out run a Lightning.....Dude let you noob ness show a little less, lose the caps too :sigh:

Archived