Motorola Droid - Verizon Wireless

Stitches040

• Admin
I've since added the

Magic 8-Ball application

GPS Status - Compass App.

Robo Defense - Game

Now with the Open Home App ... is that the one for $3.99 ... everything else is just a picture "Skin" ????? There are over 530 Open Home APPS

Get back to work Shuan!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

havent messed with this phone yet, but I've had and tried out alot of the claimed iphone "competitors" and havent really found one that's BETTER than the iphone IMO. I broke down and got one, especially being that for all the other phones the plans cost around the same per month.

Blackberry's(the older ones)...ugh...went through 3 of em in 3 months... if you mess up that trackball the phone is basically done for, and it's hard not to do when your job involves alot of grease and dirt, not to mention working on cars on top of that. The iphones are more durable than people think, guy I work with had his run over by a cobalt, cracked the screen but still works perfectly :P .

I've since added the

Magic 8-Ball application

GPS Status - Compass App.

Robo Defense - Game

Now with the Open Home App ... is that the one for $3.99 ... everything else is just a picture "Skin" ????? There are over 530 Open Home APPS

I believe when you buy the open home app for 3.99 you are getting the actually software, if you look there are a ton of skins for it that you can download for free. Because of how many screens you will now have the skins must be able to render all screens and fill them in. You will see what I mean if you try to set one of your pics as a background, looks like ass because it blows itself up to fit 3 screens in a sense.

Robo defense it sweet, I played that for a while at work last week. I been rockin Pandora at work when the boss isn't around so i can listen to some godsmack cranked up to keep me busy.

I've had mine for a few days, and I'm pretty happy with it......Haven't went through and looked at all the apps yet, but so far, there seems to be a good variety......Pictures/videos are pretty crisp/clear....and the phone in general is pretty easy to navigate...................... :cheers:

• 1 month later...

anymore feedback? i am going to eat my previous words cuz i got the new blackberry 8530 with the motion pad. the phone is simple and does more than i need it to. but the texting is all weird. it wont open texts sometimes and various other problems. and my friends iphone is sick as hell! so i was thinkin of maybe trying the droid.

Storm sucks, i love it and hate it all at the same time it freezes WAY to much makes me wanna punch babies

I have to agree. I got a couple for me and the wife and we both hate it. I had mine for 2 weeks and it just froze and locked up. I hope that the iPhone comes to Verizon very soon.

the iphone will not be coming to Verizon anytime soon, especially after all the dogging Verizon did on it when introducing their DROID.

Slammed: I have no complaints yet, not one issue either which i find odd as I was expecting it to freeze up or something at one point. Only thing weird I had happen is with google and if I refreshed the home google screen on my droid it would come back in German. It had something to do with the cookies but its fine now. Its basically a mini computer.

I almost bought the Droid on the spot when I checked it out last week. I just couldn't get over the $30.00 a month fee for having a smart phone added to my plan. ...still rocking the original LG NV.

Yeah Kevin ... I almost did not get the Droid because of that ... Now that I did get it, I am suprisingly happy with it.

Yeah Kevin ... I almost did not get the Droid because of that ... Now that I did get it, I am suprisingly happy with it.

Yea, but that phone is exactly what I would want in a new smart phone. I love that it had the slide for the "real keyboard". I just can't do the virtual keyboard with my sausage fingers. If it wasn't for my wife (who would have to have the Droid as well) I would already have it. Adding another $60 a month is a bit much at this time.

the iphone will not be coming to Verizon anytime soon, especially after all the dogging Verizon did on it when introducing their DROID.

From what I have read in the last couple weeks, Apple is already making a new version of the Iphone and Verizon is going to have it in Sept of 2010.

From what I have read in the last couple weeks, Apple is already making a new version of the Iphone and Verizon is going to have it in Sept of 2010.

I think this was the original deal they were trying to work out but from what I have read apple and verizon are not on good terms anymore and everything got flagged. Who knows, maybe it will come to Verizon but i doubt it.