How To Adjust Rear Drum Brakes?

SilveradoEsEs

Does anyone know the proper way to adjust the rear drum brakes on these trucks? I just replaced the brake shoes on my '06 and want to make sure that I did it right. I backed the adjuster out until it just contacted the shoes and used the old school back-up-and-tap-the-brake-pedal technique, but I'm not sure if that is the correct way or not.

I don't know if the Silverado's are the same or not, but on my S10, I had to drive in reverse (after I replaced the pads in the rear) and slam on the brakes a couple of times. Had to do it kinda hard. Try doing some more reverse stops and see if that helps.

Edited by cbrsilv15 (see edit history)

I'll give it another try. I still don't think they are as tight as they should be. Every time I put on the brakes, the pedal seems too soft. It feels like the fronts are doing too much of the braking. Yesterday my son and I went out riding on our ATV's and when I was driving into the riding area, I braked kinda hard for a washout in the road and the front tires started to skid.