The Answer To The Which Is Faster Question

diggerdan11

So a few of us Arizona SS's and some trucks from PT.net had a little get together at Speedworld Sat night, and I now have an answer to the age old question What is faster AWD or 2WD, Black or Red? Little disappointed in my times because i have done better but oh well

Me and Scott (scooter3) Have very similar mods (intake, exhaust, tune etc..) and we had a heads up race my AWD vs. his 2WD, my Black SS vs. his Red SS.

th_Drags11-7003.jpg

I squeaked out a win 15.03 @ 89.87 to his 15.04 @ 93.03

now in his defense he did forget about his TC and he did have 14.9 run that night too but the Video shows different :P

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

i just looked at the video closer and it says He ran a 15.03 and I ran a 15.04 but the time slip says the exact opposite, they must have gotten the numbers mixed up :(

Oh well it was 15.0407 to 15.0394 so you cant get much closer than that .0013 difference

good times to both of you

i like my 2wd the only thing i hate is where i am stationed its very wet and 2wd doesnt like that to much

i would say it depends on where you live to wich is better

no matter what people say Black is faster and 2wd is faster with the right rubber. Its not a matter of preference its a matter of physics. 2wd has less power train loss and would pull on the big end. Now if the 2wd didnt hook the win would go to AWD. Like i said identicle motor and weight trucks one 2wd one awd the 2wd with slicks will win. let the flames begin

Haha...Don't worry my friend we will have another go at it. I did forget to turn off my traction control for that run, but the other runs I was pretty consistant. 14.9 for the most part. I have not driven the truck since then and am a little concerned about it going into limp mode at the track if we go again, but I am up for another run....bring it! :cheers:

Red is still faster!

Edited by scooter3 (see edit history)