Turbo Awd Guys

4.8t

My oil pump is still going strong, as far as small housings go I have a .96 A/R and a 1.15 sitting on the shelve... I don't think I have a back pressure problem. From what I have seen and read all the guys that go front mount from rear mount usually do it for the WOW factor and under hood "bling", not performance. And if they are seeing faster Spool up time, it because they where greedy with their setup and not sized the properly... but to each their own, and if they had been a front mount kit available back in 04 that didn't cost twice as much as a radix setup, I probably would be running that.

Plus I like the fact tha all of my undergood accessories and sparkplugs have easy access.

I have had 1 oil pump fail. But it wasn't a very big deal from me. Part of the deal. I think the part that caugh my eye on the sts is, is that it is something diffrent. I like that fact alone. I have had to play with turbo sizing and etc. like Chpspecial said. I have been running my sts in Fairbanks, ak in -50 below and 90 above temps, and I would say that 1/4 of our roads are gravel. I have had to clean my air filters a little more often, but that is all for getting my turbo dirty. I tried a remote filter mount up into the bed with 4in. hose running to the turbo(lol), the vortex of air in the bed caused the dirt to go straight to the filter in the front of the bed.

Nice launch chpspecial. Sounds like it burns all the tires off. NICE. You think a 3200stall would be better than the 3k? What more do you gain, if you are already at full boost around 2900?

i have no issues getting to the spark plugs or anything else. hell nelson new setup uses stock manifolds on both side. either way. as long as it works. i had to take a sts kit off a guys Toyota he like it ok. but he got tired of the noise. he couldn't fit a muffler in there so it was just racket coming from his exhaust. but i go the meth kit off it. and the boost controller.

Edited by 4.8t (see edit history)

There has been a few people that have tried hybrid versions, and called them an STS system. Most of them have not worked properly and they have ended up selling the their "kit". the thing about STS is that they did a lot of research to get the system to work. It will take some time to figure out the turbo sizing and it theory it should work, but you will have to eat up some R and D cost.

Well being that this thread is already off topic I have a question regarding that :D . I have a custom exhaust routed out the side in front of the right rear tire, was on the truck when I bought it. So would I pretty much have to get a stock SS exhaust to fab it up to otherwise it would mess up their "design" right?

location of the turbo is critical so that the intake pipes will line up properly. If they don't, you will hae a lot of custom fab work to do in both the exhaust and intake piping.

well then I guess couldnt you line up the intake piping to see where the turbo would actually sit (roughly) and then fab the exhaust to that point?