Best Option Lowering kit

dounome

Hey guys I came across a little extra cash and want to lower my rig, my kid brother has a black 03 and did the whole Mcgauoppurrrys???? He ended up doing a the 2" spindles and hangers and shackles for 4" then did some torsion keys to level out the truck. As it sits now he can put two fingers between the top of fender and tire front and back. He had his installed and I will do mine myself......what have you guys found to work best....ie. bump stops, shims, shocks, shock extenders. Any help here would be grest before I order.

I've done the McGaughy's spindles(installed myself, see this THREAD), 2" shackles but didn't use the hangers. I had to use a 2* shim to correct the pinion angle. The hangers make it too low in my opinion and many have had problems with bottoming out. I'm very happy with the way it turned out.

Thanks, yeah I can see that there is a lot of info on the kit but hey why go trhough it all when there have been so many people troubleshooting problemssince it came out.....just trying to get the the good stuff sort of speak. As for the rear of the truck, I was thinking of doing the whole 4" but then use a C-notch, anyway done this yet? Just incase you didn't know this the rimstop.com has a killer way to check out the ss slamed on 22 of your choice.

In the rear I took out the metal part of the bump stop bracket and mounted the bump stop to the frame in the hole that was already there. I have only about 300 miles with no bottoming out.

Archived