4l65e Rebuild

I burned up 2 sets of the Raybestos Blue Plate Specials before switching over to the reds. And I shattered the same drum as P and cracked the input shaft that came with it :banghead: I also switched over to a 10 vein pump with hardened rings. The walls on the 13 are too thin and will crack if you increase line pressure.

the reason you burned the blue plates is because the overall pack clearance was to loose. they require very little clearance which in turn decreses apply time. They dont not like a ton of travel to apply because they tend to burn easy when you have a drawn out apply.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are running the carbon band. you do know that right. and for the record its not a carbon fiber band. It is a carbon impregnated band it has a carbon content within the friction material. Carbon bands dont not slip at all in fact they are a better band than the alto red because they last longer they are also twice the cost. We have been using the carbon band in the last dozen builds.

dan do i have one of those bands?? lol. and i dont have just a "bump" when i shift from 1st to 2nd. it feels like im gonna pull the tires off the truck. ill let u drive and feel it this weekend. lol

dan do i have one of those bands?? lol. and i dont have just a "bump" when i shift from 1st to 2nd. it feels like im gonna pull the tires off the truck. ill let u drive and feel it this weekend. lol

yes you do bob.... infact everyone that has a unit after brobrad has that band.... brobrads was the first.

wrong ask your dad my second unit was the first lol

:withstupid: and my trans was the next one on the bench, the Alto wide red band was installed at my recommendation. I am very sure that mine is the only HPM 4L60 built in the last year that has the Alto wide red band rather than the carbon-impregnated one; that might be the confusion. After we hit it with 10psi we might have to go carbon anyways!

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

:withstupid: and my trans was the next one on the bench, the Alto wide red band was installed at my recommendation. I am very sure that mine is the only HPM 4L60 built in the last year that has the Alto wide red band rather than the carbon-impregnated one; that might be the confusion. After we hit it with 10psi we might have to go carbon anyways!

Mr. P.

Nope im wrong i have the carbon band. My first build had the alto red band. I love the carbon band there is absolutey no slippage. FWIW the first build was good it was the pos yank tt converter that took a crap

Edited by MIDNIGHTRIDR (see edit history)

And how many would that be? :huh:

7 :banghead:

From the stocker that came with the truck, the dealer replaced it twice, a performance shop in Broward, got ripped by another one whom a friend recommended in Dade, and twice rebuilt from another shop because of shabby parts

7 :banghead:

From the stocker that came with the truck, the dealer replaced it twice, a performance shop in Broward, got ripped by another one whom a friend recommended in Dade, and twice rebuilt from another shop because of shabby parts

You are tied with 04CHASE and wild2003ss at 7........12secss e.mack has you beat with 8. :uhoh:

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)