It’s Been A While!

—Bauker™—

Hey guys, I know it’s been 2-3 years since I’ve posted but I used to have a ’06 SS with 200shot nitrous, h&c, 6 piston baer brakes, all the basic bolt-ons. I miss it quite a bit and wish I had never sold it. I sold it for something a little more mobile and economical, as that is what it called for at the time. I picked up a Mazdaspeed3; fun little car not to mention it ran 13.7s out of the box. Traded that and now I’m rolling a ’09 Z06 with some goodies. Anyway, I’m interested in picking up another truck! While this may not relate to the SS forum, I do believe that you guys are some of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to the different engines available, plus, I just like the forum. So without further ado -

I’m looking to pick up a 2009/10 Reg. Cab, standard bed Silverado in a 5.3L or 4.8L. My question is: Does anyone know if the engine RPO codes have changed, and if so what to? I remember the LQ4 and LQ9, and I think the 5.3 was like LM7 or LR4.

2ND: Id like to find the engine specifications for the 2009 engines. Chevrolet seems to have taken them down from their site; things like bore, stroke, engine rpo codes.

3RD: Any difference in auto transmissions between the 4.8 and 5.3? What are they using these days? What are they good for horsepower wise? I realize sooner or later Ill have to upgrade to a 4l80e but I'm just wondering what the stock limitations are.

My intent, if you're wondering, is to put some of my old Silverado parts and Z06 parts to good use.

Your help is much appreciated!

wow a new Z06 i am so jealous i miss mine so much

well congrats on the Z

I am still learning sss stuff cause I was a vette guy for so long so i am sorry i am not much help

some one will chime in soon