E. Mack New Personal Best

Krambo

Well, Ed Mack calls me up and easily convinces me to go to Island Dragway for their last day of test and tune for the year. I was totally unprepared with my truck however I went along as the pit rat. After an extensive cool-down and trying to heat the bottle with my high output 09 Cobalt floor heater he went into the staging lanes. The place was VERY crowded however I was pleasantly surprised to see many muscle cars rather than the junk ricers. Our pit spot was right at the 1/4 mile traps. As Ed was in the staging lanes an 05ish Mustang drops a piston and oils the track from the 1/4 traps through the shutdown lane causing a 40 minute delay.

Anyway, Ed cuts his personal best 60ft time with a 1.619 (almost better than my best :jester: ) and rips through the 1/8th at 7.343 @ 92.45 and ultimately landing an 11.57 @ 115.3MPH!

After reviewing his log, this run was heading for an impressive time and MPH however some KR in 3rd gear knocked down the upper end. Regardless, doing an 11.5 in a 5000+ 4wd truck is moving! Congrats on an awesome run Eddie!

Mods are the same as his previous best of 11.88 (Radix 112 - 2.8, LT headers, cat back, GT2-3, 90mm TB, E-fans, Nitrous 75 shot, drag radials, FLT level V+, 3000 Vig, tuned with HPT...). With proper bottle pressure, this truck now requires a cage to be NHRA legal. I also do believe this makes Eddie the fastest Radix SS, beating my PB of 11.72.

If all goes well, Eddie may back-up his 11.5 with a run at Atco next week. With 1000+ psi in that bottle, his next run may be a monster!

A pic of the slip...

E.Mack_11.jpg

nice runs indeed , what et now requires a cage? i thought it was 11.49 and faster?

Yea, 11.49 or better. I am jumping the gun 0.08. With proper bottle pressure this truck will easily do better than 11.49. I wouldn't be surprised if the bottle pressure was less than 900psi on this run.

Ambient temp was 53* and sunny.