Aggervated

Tylur06SS

:chevy: ok i hate goin on youtube and on every single video of a guys silverado ss, there is always a ford guy talking bout the ford lightning. ok, i give the lightning its props but honestly? it nothing special. its a single cab truck with a relativly week supercharger(in my opinion) yea id drive one if sumone handed me the keys and said" hey this is yours now" but these ford guys are tryin to compare a single cab(lighter), supercharged truck against an extended cab, non supercharged truck. why didnt GM just put a supercharger on the ss???? :confused: but anywho just wanted to say my piece bout that, like i said i wouldnt mind having one, but its not that fair when a ford guys like "a stock lightning could beat a stock SS"

:chevy: ok i hate goin on youtube and on every single video of a guys silverado ss, there is always a ford guy talking bout the ford lightning. ok, i give the lightning its props but honestly? it nothing special. its a single cab truck with a relativly week supercharger(in my opinion) yea id drive one if sumone handed me the keys and said" hey this is yours now" but these ford guys are tryin to compare a single cab(lighter), supercharged truck against an extended cab, non supercharged truck. why didnt GM just put a supercharger on the ss???? :confused: but anywho just wanted to say my piece bout that, like i said i wouldnt mind having one, but its not that fair when a ford guys like "a stock lightning could beat a stock SS"

It's an age old question, it's really i comparison of apples to oranges. I think a rcsb chevy with a LQ9 in it would beat a stock lightning without a supercharger, and with it would be no question. I own both, and while the lightning is very impressive and can be made pretty quick, I would take my SS over it any day of the week. Ford set out to do one thing, make a stock truck very quick, and they did just that. It serves no other purpose. I think GM did something more. Could they have put a blower on it? YES. Should they have? Probably. I am unphased to drive my SS anywhere. I think it is a more dependable vehicle.

I like the L's...but i agree most lightning owners are kind of asses..I had one talking crap about chevy's saying we have to spend money on a super charger or nitrous to keep up with a stock lightning...lol really? We get talked about for adding something your truck comes stock with..lol

i like the lightnings too. but like you guys are saying, our trucks can be used for more than one thing. not only can it be used for more than one thing, it can be made fast. whats it matter if the factory put it on or we did it ourself? i think they just secretly want to have a ss. lol. :chevy: ss ftw

i heard lightning weighin in at 4800lbs or so. my SSS is right around 4880 now. so not much weight diff.

ford did shit all over us with factory to factory.

but once you look pass that. bolt ons and a tune and your 5 passenger, 6,000lb towing silverado is even with them or in front of them.

but they at least have a some what good tranny stock.

and most L guys swap there chargers out so right there they evened up with mod money

Great someone has a lightning. I Have, Ahem, Heated Seat, Powered Windows and locks, Bose audio, Full Leather, A BACK SEAT, Power Mirrors, Power seats with Lumbar support, Programable (SP?) Settings that can save 2 peoples seat mirror and even radio settings, Awd, towing package, and all the sexiness that comes with it. Not to mention that from what ive seen SSS's are more unique and more rare. To top it all off im pretty sure that with all that i named and all that i missed, I swear im finding new stuff on my truck daily, when it came down to it I wouldn't be that far behind the silly ford anyway.....

-Derick D

Edited by DerickD (see edit history)