Got Spanked By An 11 Second Neon

Punisher

Skipping all the BS.. I threw $50 down against an SRT-4 30-80 pull. This thing pulled 2 cars on me. I found out after the race this skittle ran an 11.40 @ Bandimere speedway (10s at sea level) on 24 lbs of boost. He told me he turned it up to 28 psi on me. I checked it out and talked to this guy, bored, stroked, ignition system, garrett 40mm, turboback exhaust, ported & polished heads, intake and turbo manifold, and a new tranny. This thing was stupid. I only wish I had $50,000 to dump into a brand new car haha. It was pretty funny this thing had stock wheels with drag radials, wing delete and a muffler looking at it from the outside. Goes to show, don't judge a book by its cover.

Skipping all the BS.. I threw $50 down against an SRT-4 30-80 pull. This thing pulled 2 cars on me. I found out after the race this skittle ran an 11.40 @ Bandimere speedway (10s at sea level) on 24 lbs of boost. He told me he turned it up to 28 psi on me. I checked it out and talked to this guy, bored, stroked, ignition system, garrett 40mm, turboback exhaust, ported & polished heads, intake and turbo manifold, and a new tranny. This thing was stupid. I only wish I had $50,000 to dump into a brand new car haha. It was pretty funny this thing had stock wheels with drag radials, wing delete and a muffler looking at it from the outside. Goes to show, don't judge a book by its cover.

what do you run in the 1/4?

• 3 weeks later...

I know what you mean, a Stage3 SRT4 is way faster than they have a right to be. LOL

11.40 is a pretty quick time though, nothing to hang your head about! Pretty danged quick! To stay within 2 lengths is quite an accomplishment for a full size truck IMO.

:thumbs:

yeah sucks when that weight/hp equation is against you. :jester: we bought the wrong type of vehicle to go fast. It cost us too much to go fast when cars can do it much easier. those srt neons are fast but I still rather have my ss :chevy:

I think straight comparisons to many vehicles as far as acceleration goes is a compliment in itself when it's a full size truck that can be used for work AND play...

It's like guys who compare Japanese sport bikes to cars as far as I'm concerned... it's EASY to go fast in something that is cheap and lightweight, getting a 5000 pound + vehicle to run alongside sports cars ain't quite that easy.....

:wink:

Keeping within 2 lengths of a car that runs 11.40s is no small achievement in MY books...

:thumbs:

Great run!