Cable Drive Throttle Body

obrien07

:withstupid: okay today my truck whent into "limp" mode because of my throttle body and now i got the bright idea to change my truck to a cable drive throttle body insted of the drive by wire .... can that be done? and what would that involve doing ? i know i need to get a cable and throttle body but what about the pcm and stuff ?what would i have to do to make the truck run right with a cable throttly body?

thanks for the help

Edited by OBRIEN (see edit history)

New peddle, lots of drilling for a cable, tune, fabricate your own idle air control, fabricate cable mounts and guides, fabricate adapters to put a cable throttle on your manifold if they dont already have it and numerous other things...

Honestly, cable throttle body on a SSS would be like converting it to gearbox manual steering, carbureted (with a manual choke of course), kingpins, 700R4...or no, why overdrive? TH350, etc etc you get the idea. :jester:

Edited by Punisher (see edit history)

New peddle, lots of drilling for a cable, tune, fabricate your own idle air control, fabricate cable mounts and guides, fabricate adapters to put a cable throttle on your manifold if they dont already have it and numerous o\\, cable throttle body on a SSS would be like converting it to gearbox manual steering, carbureted (with a manual choke of course), kingpins, 700R4...or no, why overdrive? TH350, etc etc you get the idea. :jester:

:omg: o the heck with that lol yeah that would be a lot of work lol i did fix it it was nothin to fix but why i wanted to do something like that is because i wanted to get the F.A.S.T. truck style intake and that 102mm throttle body but it is a cabe driven so i dont really know what to do got any ideas?

Replace the operating system in your PCM with one from the recent GM van, it still uses a cable-actuated throttle body.

Mr. P. :)

yeah idk what im going to do i just wanted to use that 102mm throttle body from F.A.S.T. but its cable and i want to use the f.a.s.t truck intake they make its bad i mite just use the 80mm i got now or a 90mm i should have got it anyways

If you want to run the FAST-102:

1) install the FAST-102 intake & TB

2) iron-out any accessory drive issues (you might only need the newest Gen-IV water pump)

3) get the pedal & cruise control cables, PCM, & cruise control module from a 2004+ GM van

4) do a segment swap in PCM for 4L60

5) performance tune PCM.

...basically speaking. It's a couple grand and some legwork but I'm sure it's doable and you're right it would be pretty badass.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

If you want to run the FAST-102:

1) install the FAST-102 intake & TB

2) iron-out any accessory drive issues (you might only need the newest Gen-IV water pump)

3) get the pedal & cruise control cables, PCM, & cruise control module from a 2004+ GM van

4) do a segment swap in PCM for 4L60

5) performance tune PCM.

...basically speaking. It's a couple grand and some legwork but I'm sure it's doable and you're right it would be pretty badass.

Mr. P.

yeah but idk i mite just go with the intake and a 90mm ls2 tb or something like that . really what i am trying to do is get one of the fastest 1/4 mile times ON ALL ENGINE AND STOCK ROTATING ASSEMBLY so that means no gas and no forsed induction

yeah but idk i mite just go with the intake and a 90mm ls2 tb or something like that . really what i am trying to do is get one of the fastest 1/4 mile times ON ALL ENGINE AND STOCK ROTATING ASSEMBLY so that means no gas and no forsed induction

You might want to look into a good set of heads and a custom cam too if that is your goal.