My Day Just Went To Hell

70chevy03ss

Well on the way home my front diff blew up. Gear oil is every where and it stinks really bad. Truck doesn't roll at all and the thing hops when you back up.. This sucks the big one.. I didn't need this with xmas right around the corner.

So I called the towing co. told them what happened and the guy was asking me all kinds of questions on the truck.. HAHAHA that was pretty good.Tow truck just came and took it to GMperformanceguy's garage. We shall see what it is.

May just get it fixed and trade the thing in.

On a side note as the tow truck was getting it on a kid almost hit the tow truck.. He was you guessed it texting. The tow truck was blocking both lanes of my street and the cars had to go into my neighbors lawn just a little bit... I will keep everyone updated.. :cheers:

Sorry to hear, hopefully it turns out to not be as bad as you think.

Well Ben said it doesn't sound good at all

Regarding the snot txting while driving. Don't even get me started with jerks talking and texting while driving.

Tuesday morning I was sitting at a red light first one in line. I take my hat off to scratch my head and as I do I look to my right, Well out of the corner of my eye I see headlights which is normal right, Not in this case the woman lost control of the steering wheel because she was on her dam phone and coming at my door. slammed on the brakes and turned to miss me all while on her phone..

sry to hear bro. just turn it into 2wd

I might if it is worse then we think

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)

dont be so wuick to give up on it....

:withstupid: I have to agree with Chase, give her another chance. You do have over 100k on her right? Things are going to break Jesse. My truck is 3 years newer and has half the miles of yours, and I have rebuilt almost half of that truck from the transmission to rear diff to stupid BS like a blower resistor and oil cooler lines.....

i'm thinking mine is on it's way too. something's leaking and i can smell it when the truck is parked. it only smells from the driver's side. kinda smells like gear oil or diff fluid. could a seal be going or anything?

truck has 11200 or so. I did replace the inner and outer bearing last winter about this time. But when we did that there was no warning signs I mean the fluid was in good shape as well. and i think i had 80K on it..

The only thing that i have had to replace is pads and calipers my truck eats them like crazy. Nothing major well except for this. No trans work yet and I am not easy with the truck by any means..

Not giving up just yet but I want to finish my car and can't do it if im throwing money into my car..

***UPDATE***

Exact words from Ben "Front diff is almost completely locked up! Worst one that he has ever seen!!!" Spider gears where the only things that didn't break.

Should have it back tomorrow evening..

Thank God for Ben. That sucks Jesse.