Amazon Kindle 2 - Who's Got One?

Stitches040

Hey All ...

Does anyone on here have one of these? I have heard somethings about it, but not to much to make up my mind. I'm thinking of getting the Wife one of these for Christmas. My wife reads books faster then anyone I know, so I figure this would be a great thing for her. Especially since I don't have to truck 10 books on vacation with us.

Read the ebay description ... this thing does alot. I know there is the Nook, coming out by Barnes and Noble, but thats in February.

Let me know what you guys know:

Ebay Link ... or 140367436820

feat-libr-300px_V251249390_.jpg

feat-pencil-300px_V251249385_.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Hey All ...

Does anyone on here have one of these? I have heard somethings about it, but not to much to make up my mind. I'm thinking of getting the Wife one of these for Christmas. My wife reads books faster then anyone I know, so I figure this would be a great thing for her. Especially since I don't have to truck 10 books on vacation with us.

Read the ebay description ... this thing does alot. I know there is the Nook, coming out by Barnes and Noble, but thats in February.

Let me know what you guys know:

Ebay Link ... or 140367436820

feat-libr-300px_V251249390_.jpg

feat-pencil-300px_V251249385_.jpg

yes my old lady swears by it she loves it and it shuts her up on long trips or any trip for that matter!

I bought one for my mother for Xmas...I kind of wanna rip it open and check it out...however I was told 2 days after I bought it to hold off on the Kindle as the stuff coming out in the new year is a lot better and will blow the Kindle out of the water...just and FYI Shuan.

From what I've seen, these are pretty sweet if you usually go through a lot of books anyway. I hate waiting for new books to come out on paperback (usually 2-3 months after release) and hardbacks are always a lot more expensive. All the books you buy though Kindle are like $7, the day they hit the shelves. It seems like the Kindle would pay for itself after about 30 books. Everyone I've ever talked to who's had one has loved it.

My wife wanted one for Christmas so its sitting in my fishing room still packed in its box awaiting December 25th. She did alot of research and even though there is new stuff coming out she still wanted the Kindle. I also did a bunch of research and it sounds like its a good thing. The only negitive I kept finding was the optional leather wallet holder causes the case of the Kindle to crack because it uses a metal rod that fits tightly into a plastic sleve.

so you buy this and you can pay to download books? Sounds cool

Yeah ... you can buy books for about $5-$7 a piece, for new releases. And they download in about 60 seconds. It also holds approximately 1500 Books before you have to clean out the memory. It also has a built in Dictionary, so when you get an odd word, you hit a button and get the defintion.

Barnes and Noble is coming out with the Nook ... it is the competition for next year.

Barnes and Noble is coming out with the Nook ... it is the competition for next year.

I never trust the first version of any software. I'd rather have the 2nd or 3rd model of an older system with less features then a newer model with tons of bugs.

I never trust the first version of any software. I'd rather have the 2nd or 3rd model of an older system with less features then a newer model with tons of bugs.

:withstupid: minus the stupid

It always seems like no matter how promising something sounds there will always be some kind of bugs to work out