Pushrods

Cramer

I just got my cam and i'm looking for some pr's. I know I need hardened 7.400" pr's, but what thickness is everyone running? 5/16" or 3/8" I think i'm going to go with the 5/16 since the cam is a low lift cam, on a 113 centerline. Any help is appreciated. Also does anyone have a part number for the cam swap gasket kit and any other gaskets or bolts I will need for my swap? Also Should I go with a Double roller timing chain or HD single roller timing chain? I know some double rollers need to have clearancing on the timing chain cover.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

Smaller and lighter is the best. If you don't need the heavy ones don't use them. You want to keep the valve train as light as possible. I belive the factory rockers are ok up to .600+ lift. So if you upgrade them with the bearing kit they should last. Just get the chrome alloy push rods. The guys over at LS1 tech run crazy setups so..... go over there and poke their brians they'll have the answers for ya.

Just bought a set of Thunder Racing 7.4" 5/16" PR's from someone on LS1tech. Brand New in Box. Now I need to get the gasket kit and dampner bolt and i'm good to go. I am buying another set of brackets and valve covers before I install the cam so I can powdercoat them and swap them out when I have everything off. I am thinking Black for the PC but wouldn't mind going with Blue like the truck either. Anyone have any pics of Blue that matches the Arrival Blue on the SS? I don't have any Blue PC chips that I have pc'd so i'm looking for one that will look close to the Arrival.