How Not To Do A Burnout In A Vette. Fail

shawnss

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can anybody explain to me what happened thou... i started to think about it and couldnt figure it out in order to have burnt up the clutch it woulkd have to be a stick right? how would you do a wheel stand in a stick? and if it was an auto what was burning up?

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

can anybody explain to me what happened thou... i started to think about it and couldnt figure it out in order to have burnt up the clutch it woulkd have to be a stick right? how would you do a wheel stand in a stick? and if it was an auto what was burning up?

Well it cant be a automatic cause zo6s dont come auto and it look funny from where the smoke is coming from. i thought the clutch was in the rear on the vettes :confused:

He must of bought the cheap tires! I paid $400 for one rear tire after running over a bolt; it was from a shop that mainly deals with vettes. I've done a great burnout in an 06 vette from a roll, over hundred feet before I let off the gas (with the traction control turned off). That would of been a great burnout if he had dropped that clutch from a roll in a Z06.

Well it cant be a automatic cause zo6s dont come auto and it look funny from where the smoke is coming from. i thought the clutch was in the rear on the vettes :confused:

Their is a torque tube that comes from the engine that makes the trans at the rear of the car for better weight distribution.

Their is a torque tube that comes from the engine that makes the trans at the rear of the car for better weight distribution.

True, but the clutch is still in the same place.

That guy is just a buffoon. The tech isn't much better. I'm not sure but I know on my '96 there is a switch on the dash that turns off the Traction Control. I'm pretty sure that a new Z06 has the same type feature. You can almost hear the computer screaming, trying to limit the wheel spin. It does it three ways, first it applies the brakes, second it cuts the spark intermittently, and third it cuts fuel.

Hope that moron is happy parting with his money. The clutch will cost him more than the $600 tires.

:flag: