Truck Thruster 3000

I just ordered a truck thruster 3000 torque converter from yank to install with my new Level 4 FLT and was wondering if it has a lock up clutch and what exactly a lock up clutch is...these two companies suggested these but I just wanted a little more information about the torque converter. Reading the information off the website doesn't really break it down enough for me.

Yes it does have a lock up clutch. A lock up clutch was introduced in the torque converter to reduce the RPMs at cruising speed for better fuel economy, it couples the transmission and engine into a 1:1 ratio. Hope this helps.

Yes that helps alot! Thank You. So a 3000 stall isn't too "overboard" for my setup because this is a DD...sorry ignorant on these types of things.

I had one of these stalls. I will tell you if you plan on doin power adders. dont use it. mine broke apart and spit its internals down the tranz lines and took out my tranny.... but i am procharged with a lil more power than stock.

just my thoughts...

good luck

Yes that helps alot! Thank You. So a 3000 stall isn't too "overboard" for my setup because this is a DD...sorry ignorant on these types of things.

Yeah you should be fine I had a 3000 now a 3600 and its a DD.... As stated above if you plan to go FI get a different converter many on here have granaded those converters. Good luck! :chevy:

I had one of these stalls. I will tell you if you plan on doin power adders. dont use it. mine broke apart and spit its internals down the tranz lines and took out my tranny.... but i am procharged with a lil more power than stock.

just my thoughts...

good luck

Thats why I went with the Pro Truck version. Holding up just fine to N2O.

my tt 3000 broke in 4 days its not a good converter send it back and upgrade to the sc 3000 or a TCS

I am glad you said it Jason. I didnt wanna be that blunt... but yes, send it back. nuttin but problems and it cost me alot of cash to get it replaced... tranny and all...

I am glad you said it Jason. I didnt wanna be that blunt... but yes, send it back. nuttin but problems and it cost me alot of cash to get it replaced... tranny and all...

i know of 3 other members on this site whos TT blew up with little or no mods

hate to tell ya but i blew up my level 4 trans with just cam and heads to......i have not heard good things about the yank converters in general. Who suggested it to you, FLT runs PI converters so i doubt it was chuck, and everyone here is saying stay far...far away. The only good thing i have heard about yank is they tend to hit the stall right on or even be a little looser.

And my disclaimer for flt is: I blew my level 4 after 45,000 miles on it and MANY quarter mile passes. The trans held up great and in the end it was just a band that broke nothing they did or could have avoided. FLT is a great trans.