Radiator Flush?

pursuit2550

My radiator storage tank in getting a black substance in it, the coolant is still the same color so its not affecting the coolant (I think). Anyways I already flushed it back in Aug. and used Dex-Cool with tap water(I think thats the cause for the black subtance). Anyways do you guys recommend doing a radiator flush with something from the auto parts store or just flush and refill with Dex-Cool and non-tap water.

The black substance in the overflow is mold, my truck has it too, common issue, I have seen a few others with it also....if you do flush it again, just flush with tap water, then refill with the proper DexCool/water mixture.....

If it was mine and it had dex cool in it, I would flush it out and put the regular green antifreeze back in. I have seen alot of parts and motor tore down because of the DexCrap. Corrosion out the @ss, looks like fertizer that had gotten wet. The only way to do a real good flush is to run it on a flushing machine and use like a BG product to run through it to clean it up good. I had mine and my wifes flushed out because they had Dex cool in it. JMO

If it was mine and it had dex cool in it, I would flush it out and put the regular green antifreeze back in. I have seen alot of parts and motor tore down because of the DexCrap. Corrosion out the @ss, looks like fertizer that had gotten wet. The only way to do a real good flush is to run it on a flushing machine and use like a BG product to run through it to clean it up good. I had mine and my wifes flushed out because they had Dex cool in it. JMO

i thought dexcool was used to keep from having corrosion?

I have read on another site that a guy called it satans blood . This was on bobistheoilguy site. The next reply was another guy talking about it eating intake gaskets and then another guy has his flushed every 50k and now at 150k no problems.

Talked to my Chevy mech and he said that guys that do not check their coolant level and over heat the engine are the ones that have the most problem with dex cool. I had mine flushed at 50k and replaced. I am at 75k and it is still clean and clear. Have not changed the coolant in the supercharger yet. It is at 50k as I waited until the engine broke in before adding the magna charger.

It is, using standard green coolant you will have to service your cooling system more frequently though......

another point to throw out there is if green and dexcool (red) coolants are mixed, it will erode water jackets.

I guess just flush it out with tap water and don't worry about and radiator flush chemicals. I will take out the storage tank and clean it out. Should I leave it at the 50/50 mixture. I don't have to worry about it freezing down here in miami. Also now that it was mentioned here I am running pure distied water with water wetter in the maggie, should that be a corotion concern or not.