Rear Window Noise

kevinthegreat

ive had the same problem with mine passanger side.. so i took it to the dealer while it was in for service and the guy that did the road test on mine said the noise was from the aftermarket intake installed.. i was like wtf........so he said there is nothing he could do i still hear the noise at highway speed 60mph and above so i might try my lluck with another dealership

I had this happen to me, this is what i did and is still is working. If the problem is the window frame to the door this would not help, but it fixed the bad seal on mine.

Ok I just got some pic of the rear window foam. This is really easy guys.

this is the foam

truck001.jpg

You can just see the foam on the black window seal

truck003.jpg

and I turned the coners around the whole window

truck002.jpg

You need to pull off the rear window to do it right. Just unhook the latch and carefully pull the glass open more so the plastic "hinges" come out. don't drop the glass! run the foam around the seal and put the glass back in, make sure it is in all the way. bam no more wind noise. I did mine about six months ago and no bad side effects yet. hope this helps :chevy:

http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=576082

It happened in both my 2001 Chevy i had and my SS. The dealership i went to replaced the latch and it worked perfectly. Then when it happened to the SS i took it to a different dealership under warranty and they replaced the seal even though i told them it was an issue with the Latch, but they would not listen. The new seal helped a little bit but not 100% I still hear it bad when there is a cross wind blowing when im traveling down the highway

once i opened the window and it leaked so i had my wife open and close it again while i was going down the interstate and it went away thats the only time i have heard mine

I had this happen to me, this is what i did and is still is working. If the problem is the window frame to the door this would not help, but it fixed the bad seal on mine.

http://www.SilveradoSS.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=576082

what size is the stripping?

• 1 year later...

That's what I bought. Didn't help on the passenger side. Just as noisy as ever. :(

Same here, I bought these but they didn't work. I contacted the seller and he sent me some slightly longer (for a fee of course), they still didnt help. $30 + down the drain.

Edited by Bgreenard (see edit history)