My Rig Pig

JSTAL

this is my new DD and my rig ride!!!!! no more cavy for me. ill get some more pics later. Im going to level it and do a different set of wheels and tires. I need to see about a tune with hp tuners. the interior is in good shape it has a few marks of character but is a great truck. it has the LT package fully loaded and the LLY durtymax

dura1.jpg

dura2.jpg

dura3.jpg

Great looking truck. That dealership always has a ton of nice trucks for good prices! Before i found my SS i looked at several duramax trucks that they had. I recognize that showroom very well, haha. Keep us posted with how the modding goes...i love those trucks!

Dude serious suggestion here, you want to use EFILive on that truck, EFILive *hands down* rules the Duramax LLY.

Mr. P. :)

:withstupid: Get the dsp 5 custom tune from EFIlive and laugh away at everyone. FYI it gives you 5 tunes on the fly via a switch ala banks. All you have to do is run a wire to the pcm with a 5 position switch. I did this on a friends truck and it ran awsome, the 5 tunes where... 1. stock 2. econ 3. towing power 4. 100hp performance and 5. Make the stock tranny begg for mercy and run like a scalled ape

Diesels=Turbo=Boost=120 hp

Gas=No Turbo=no boost=15-20 hp

I got over 120hp out of an lly with just fuel, and not messing with the stock turbo or boost. Diesel tunning has alot to do with fueling not air, gas is all about air and not fueling

Dude serious suggestion here, you want to use EFILive on that truck, EFILive *hands down* rules the Duramax LLY.

Mr. P. :)

From a HPTuners user and supporter, I would agree 100% here with EFI live. I watched my buddy tune his heavily modded duraMax to 800/1600.

I got over 120hp out of an lly with just fuel, and not messing with the stock turbo or boost. Diesel tunning has alot to do with fueling not air, gas is all about air and not fueling

Yep. Fuel is the key with a diesel. Add a bit more boost and you can really make some power with hardly any mods but tuning.

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)