Started To Fiberglass Again

8 UR HMI

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trial and error. It will look (. )( .)s soon enough

yea i know. had the same problem with my engine covers after primer. i cant use the compressor here to paint so i had to rattle can it but my engine covers came out glossy and smooth til i tried to do some other crap to them :idiot:

anyways im letting it dry til the morning then im gonna check it and probably spray a 3rd coat and let that sit for a few hours then start on my passenger side :drool:

VERY cool! :cool:

Mr. P. :)

thanks steve.

well i just found this picture i took on my phone while waiting to paint....

duck season is FINALLY showing some potential...

securedownload-15.jpg

oh and one of my sugar gliders says hi!!!

this is dimitri.... i have dimitri and fabio..... DONT ASK!!! lol

securedownload-16.jpg

shes done. i dont like how the primer sat so when i go back from my gfs tomorrow im gonna sand it back down, add some bondo and then sand it smooth, shoot my old primer (looks like im pulling out the paintgun) and then make it nice and pretty but heres basically a preview..

photo-1.jpg

and no there isnt an OVAL for the pod hole, its how the light sat. ill go get better pics later.....

photo.jpg

Edited by 8 UR HMI (see edit history)

looks really good. You did some great work :thumbs:

thanks, im ocd about smoothness on fiberglass and since i wasnt able to do it at the shop again since i dont work for custom sounds anymore im gonna make it perfect when i get home tomorrow. im also gonna do the passenger side at the same time so i will save time. i dont have to work this week and i get my wisdom teeth pulled tuesday so tomorrow and monday or d-day for me!!!! :D

That's a lot of sanding to do! I am the same way with perfection tho. I spent 3 days trying to get the gauge pods in the center console smooth. Sand, primer, finishing putty, wet sand, more putty, sand, primer, wet sand again,......over and over til it got good enough for me to paint.

well im gonna do what i did to my old boss' viper with his back hatch, im gonna bondo it and sand it, then shoot regular auto primer then spray the good coats and do it multiple times then clear it.

Good job :)

FYI- To help you out in the future. You're either using to much hardner, Waiting to long to apply, or using a dirty applicator for your bondo. When applied correctly it will cut down considerably on your sanding time, as well as provide a much smoother surface to paint

Just curious, Did this end up being cheaper than buying a prepaired pillar ?