Camber Issues...

i dropped my AWD SS 4/6 with keys and spindles and cant get the camber any better than -1 degree....the essentrics are maxxed out...does anyone make a camber kit or longer upper control arms or anything to fix that? I had thought about building a set longer and changing the ball joint angle so it was better but does anyone have any ideas?

raise your keys, Your either bottomed out or near bottom. They're not designed to operate like that

That would defeat the whole purpose of purchasing the keys in the first place then. I think what he's trying to do is improve his camber while keeping his current stance. Just my opinion though. :cheers:

Had the same problem when I had keys and spindles, bought the belltech bushings and corrected it perfect!!!
Cool...thanks guys ill check them bushings out...that's a whole lot easier than building some tubular arms. I really like the way it sits now and would rather buy tires everyother month than raise the front end back up! But thanks for the help!

i dropped my AWD SS 4/6 with keys and spindles

I thought 3" was the most the AWD could go in the front with out screwing up the CV's ?????

I thought the same thing and decided not to slam it. A torsion bar delete kit is supposed to be in the works. If that comes through, I'll slam the truck and get cvs for the front.

I thought the same thing and decided not to slam it. A torsion bar delete kit is supposed to be in the works. If that comes through, I'll slam the truck and get cvs for the front.
Not sure...my axles have a slight upward angle...but I've had it lowered for over 30000miles and no trouble or nosie out of them....just eatin up tires

That would defeat the whole purpose of purchasing the keys in the first place then. I think what he's trying to do is improve his camber while keeping his current stance. Just my opinion though. :cheers:

Keys are notched differently, thus creating lower torsion pressure which in return equals a lower ride stance. Keys are NOT designed to ride bottomed out or near bottom, NEVER.

You should be able to obtain the stated lower stance by the key manufacturer by simply placing the key in the same position ( or close ) as the factory one.

EXAMPLE. GMC 2500 Keys will LOWER a GMC/Chevrolet by 2". They are NOT a lowering key, simply notched different.

again, Raise your keys and get your truck aligned. Good luck

i dropped my AWD SS 4/6 with keys and spindles

I thought 3" was the most the AWD could go in the front with out screwing up the CV's ?????

You are correct. However some will go lower than 3"- This will cause premature inner tire wear, Front end "hopping", and you simply won't get it fully aligned as you will be out of alignment specifications. You will also notice your steering will when driving "straight" will be turned slightly to the left. This is a tell tale sign your too low in the front.

Belltech makes a front camber bushing kit, I believe the part number is 4955. It should give you about 2 more degrees to play with.

That part # is for 2 wheel drive will it work on AWD ??

and part # 4951 is 1* and does not specify 2 or 4 wheel drive .. chris

You are correct. However some will go lower than 3"- This will cause premature inner tire wear, Front end "hopping", and you simply won't get it fully aligned as you will be out of alignment specifications. You will also notice your steering will when driving "straight" will be turned slightly to the left. This is a tell tale sign your too low in the front.

mine does none of that...just chews up tires!