Ss With A Bench Seat?

pacamaro

So, I was on Ebay lookin at SSS a couple weeks ago and stumbled across an 06 SS. At first it appeared to be a normal SS, but the interior pics showed a 60/40 leather bench seat!?!?!

I was confused right away... It had the full skirt kit, white gauge panel, correct oem bumpers, and engine pics revealed a vortec max. My next thought was AWD??? The listing showed 2wd and a TC button on the dash... I asked for a picture of the vin tag on the door. Its showed 20x8's!?!? (but couldnt you order chrome 20's in 06?)

We're captains chairs optional??? Could this be a Cloned Vortec Max?

(This may have been the best clone I have ever seen, I own an SS and I cant even tell if this one was real or not lol)

So, I was on Ebay lookin at SSS a couple weeks ago and stumbled across an 06 SS. At first it appeared to be a normal SS, but the interior pics showed a 60/40 leather bench seat!?!?!

I was confused right away... It had the full skirt kit, white gauge panel, correct oem bumpers, and engine pics revealed a vortec max. My next thought was AWD??? The listing showed 2wd and a TC button on the dash... I asked for a picture of the vin tag on the door. Its showed 20x8's!?!? (but couldnt you order chrome 20's in 06?)

We're captains chairs optional??? Could this be a Cloned Vortec Max?

(This may have been the best clone I have ever seen, I own an SS and I cant even tell if this one was real or not lol)

It could be a V-MAX. The one i drove home from the dealer defore i bought a 06 had a bench seat in it.

...but I wish I could have gotten mine with a rubber floormat instead of carpet.

You could try these? I've seen them in Motor Trend myself and have contemplated ordering a set.

http://www.weathertech.com/store/mvproduct...ptChoiceIds=134

A review of the product...could find many more online. Not many complaints from what I have seen.

http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Weather...d-LX/index.html

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

Yes it is possible. GM had a option for cloth bench seat in 05'+ SSS as a chaper alternative. They probably then had the cloth seats wraped with leather.

I agree, I believe their is an 07 with cloth seats on the site. My reasoning they went with the cloth seats is the leather is too slippery when your hitting on/off ramps at an incredible speed :cool: