Replaced The Parking Lights

BlueAKSSS

Well my stock parking lights where in pretty bad shape the plastic appeared to be fogged from the inside, so I went ahead and got a brand new set of stock ones off ebay for around $55 shipped up here. So heres the install pics and some other random ones before replacement out on a frozen lake.

DSC_0068Large.jpg

DSC_0069Large.jpg

DSC_0072Large.jpg

DSC_0073Large.jpg

DSC_0074Large.jpg

DSC_0075Large.jpg

DSC_0076Large.jpg

DSC_0077Large.jpg

DSC_0078Large.jpg

One old with the two new ones...

DSC_0080Large.jpg

Finished! Everything looks sharp and clear now.

But the story doesn't end there apparently the fogging of the old lights was just a ton of dust buildup inside the light so I decided they were salvageable. I put them in the oven and with some force and a heat gun got them opened up. Cleaned everything up and they look fine. Then I remembered about the "How-to clear lights" thread so I went ahead and removed the reflectors in the lights and reglued them. There definitely not perfect but they look ok for my first try at doing it....

DSC_0001.jpg

Out at Big Lake on the lake, before replacing parking lights.

DSC_00621234Large.jpg

DSC_0059Large.jpg

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

That is actually a pretty common problem for the silverados. I see them at work like that all the time. They just need wiped out, if you can get to them. Also, a coat of silicone now will prevent any problems in the future. My wife's Prelude's tails have moisture in them all the time. I will take them out and dry 'em and then silicone sometime when it gets warmer here.