Some Good Silverado News

Hankg42

Hey i was about to post this story, look like you beat me to it. :P

I wonder what this means for us

Maybe a new SS :dunno: (prob not)

Maybe they will make the 4.6 Duramax in the 1500 and suburbans like they talked about,

BTW no way will GM drop the Duramax, they will have to have a Diesel truck in order to compete with Furd and Dawdge. Most people who need a rig for pulling are going to buy a Diesel. No Gas engine can match he HP and Torque and Fuel Mileage of a Diesel

The Duramax isn't going anywhere. GM is just modding it to meet stricter EPA restrictions. However, there have been speculations of GM working on their diesels without the help of Isuzu. If GM couldn't compete in diesel truck market, they would loose more profits IMO, even if they focused on their family cars.

i heard that Chevy quit the production of the duramax diesel and have no intentions of having a diesel motor available anymore...

isuzu makes the duramax and no thats is not true. They were going to make a 4.5 liter D max and that was put on hold. Chevy will still have a 6.6 Diesel